help with explorer.exe

well she didnt tell me much about deleting it. just that she thought it was
suspicious or something so she deleted it thinkin she would be able to get it
back. i tryed
sfc /scannow and she siad it didnt work. should i try sfc /scanboot or what
else can she do.

If SFC did not replace all system files, she probably has a virus, and at least needs to run a repair setup of XP.

If you run an XP "Upgrade"setup, from the original, or "Gold" version of the setup CD, and you have SP2 installed, it might go into
a setup loop, and you could lose your install. Uninstall SP2, BEFORE you Upgrade setup from CD (that lacks sp2 on it.)
875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350 How to
Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Download the free Anti-Virus tool (AVG) at this address: http://grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_free.php
--