devon

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

My mom gave me this quiz. They are all makes or types of cars ie could
be FORD (make) or Sierra (Type)

There are no prizes. The only reward I can offer is my thanks and also
proof that you are brighter than me!

Can anyone decipher the following clues? I cannot. Totally stuck

DID THE ROMANS ALMOST LAND HERE? (I have Plymouth/Anglia/Lincoln but
none seem to fit)

RENES FEAR RECEIVED NOTHING ???

NOT THE GREAT ESCAPE

CYCLING TART

ALMOST PRODUCED FILMS

THRASH AROUND

UNDERGROUND DANCER

NOT HIS COMPUTER

IS THIS RED BARON AN ACE? (AC Ace maybe but not sure why!)

CHIMES IN THE CITY (I thought Marina but not sure)

MASCULINE SORT OF CAR (I've got Datsun but I don't think its right)

CAR OF DISTINCTION (I have Senator, Princess, Noble)

MITCHELS FLIER

Many thanks if you can help.

Phil

devon@earthling.net writes:

> Can anyone decipher the following clues? I cannot. Totally stuck
[...]
> MITCHELS FLIER

This is the (Triumph) Spitfire. The Spitfire plane was designed by RJ
Mitchell.

The struggle continues; victory is certain.

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

> MASCULINE SORT OF CAR (I've got Datsun but I don't think its right)
(Vauxhall) Magnum

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

> IS THIS RED BARON AN ACE? (AC Ace maybe but not sure why!)
(MG) Maetro?

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

That should be Maestro.