  • Decoder
  • Media Player
  • Windows XP
March 17, 2005 5:44:51 PM

Just finished Win XP MCE install and almost everything works fine.

In the MCE window when I try and "play DVD" I get the error message:
"Decoder error - video decoder has either malfunctioned or is not
installed". Anyone know how to fix this?

The DVD plays fine when I start Windows Media Player ver. 10.0.

Does "Play DVD" in MCE access Windows Media Player or does it have its own
embedded set of player software?

Paul

More about : dvd decoder error

Anonymous
March 18, 2005 11:25:47 AM

Uninstall MP 10 from MCE.

Show updates in Add/Remove - If you are running Windows XP Service Pack 2, select the Show updates check box (at the top of the
list),

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509