DVD "Decoder Error..."

Just finished Win XP MCE install and almost everything works fine.

In the MCE window when I try and "play DVD" I get the error message:
"Decoder error - video decoder has either malfunctioned or is not
installed". Anyone know how to fix this?

The DVD plays fine when I start Windows Media Player ver. 10.0.

Does "Play DVD" in MCE access Windows Media Player or does it have its own
embedded set of player software?

Paul
1 answer Last reply
More about decoder error

    Uninstall MP 10 from MCE.

    Show updates in Add/Remove - If you are running Windows XP Service Pack 2, select the Show updates check box (at the top of the
    list),

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "Paul Kemp" <pkemp@mcn.org> wrote in message news:uqCSvL0KFHA.128@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    > Just finished Win XP MCE install and almost everything works fine.
    >
    > In the MCE window when I try and "play DVD" I get the error message: "Decoder error - video decoder has either malfunctioned or is
    > not installed". Anyone know how to fix this?
    >
    > The DVD plays fine when I start Windows Media Player ver. 10.0.
    >
    > Does "Play DVD" in MCE access Windows Media Player or does it have its own embedded set of player software?
    >
    > Paul

DVD Decoder Media Player Windows XP