Listys ALPHA-QUIZ - September

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

Here is Listy's Alpha-quiz for September, so-named because each answer
is in alphbetical order.

September

A) In which US State was Bill Clinton born?

B) In which city was the Palestine Liberation Organization founded in
1964?

C) Which artist took his name from the town of Modena where he was
born?

D) In which television series did Thelma Barlow play a character called
Dolly?

E) What name is given to a table showing the predicted positions of a
celestial body such as a planet, comet or asteroid?

F) The two main forms of which sport are called 'Ultimate' and
'Guts'?

G) What is Scandinavian, raw, pickled Salmon with mustard and dill
sauce called?

H) What name meaning 'achievement of eternal peace' is given to the
reign of Akihito, the world's only reigning Emperor?

I) What term is used to describes types of printing such as etching and
engraving whereby the design is incised?

J) Which US Civil War epic, directed by William Wyler starred Bette
Davis and Henry Fonda?

K) Who is the Hindu god of love and pleasure?

L) Which tree is sometimes known as Golden Rain?

M) On which Mediterranean island did Robert Graves live much of his
life?

N) Sharing it with the surname of a current Italian defender, what was
Bob Marley's middle name?

O) The number of clouds covering the sky is measured in what?

P) Which card game is played with 48 cards where two decks are stripped
of cards below 9?

Q) Which sport does Harry Potter excel at?

R) Which word connects the title of a 2003 film starring Ed Harris and
Cuba Gooding Junior and a UK number one single for Robbie Williams in
2004?

S) In which country are the Reichenbach Falls, where Sherlock Holmes
apparently died?

T) Which acid is found in grapes?

U) At 800 metres in height, which is Europe's highest waterfall?

V) Who had a number three hit in the UK Singles chart of 1980 with
'Turning Japanese'?

W) Which perfume house makes Je Reviens?

X) Which substance causes the yellow colour in autumn leaves?

Y) Which novel by Leo Tolstoy is the third in his autobiographical
dictionary?

Z) Which Italian dessert is made from egg yolks with marsala and sugar?

******************************­­­******

If you enjoyed this quiz and would like to see more of the same then
feel free to visit our site http://pubquizzer.com you can find more
quizzes just like this in our quiz archive.

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

My answers and guesses...

> A) In which US State was Bill Clinton born?

Arkansas.

> B) In which city was the Palestine Liberation Organization founded in
> 1964?

Beirut.

> D) In which television series did Thelma Barlow play a character called
> Dolly?

Dallas.

> E) What name is given to a table showing the predicted positions of a
> celestial body such as a planet, comet or asteroid?

Ephemeris.

> F) The two main forms of which sport are called 'Ultimate' and
> 'Guts'?

Frisbee.

> I) What term is used to describes types of printing such as etching and
> engraving whereby the design is incised?

Intaglio.

> J) Which US Civil War epic, directed by William Wyler starred Bette
> Davis and Henry Fonda?

Jezebel.

> K) Who is the Hindu god of love and pleasure?

Kali.

> M) On which Mediterranean island did Robert Graves live much of his
> life?

Malta.

> O) The number of clouds covering the sky is measured in what?

Octas.

> P) Which card game is played with 48 cards where two decks are stripped
> of cards below 9?

Pinochle.

> Q) Which sport does Harry Potter excel at?

Quidditch.

> S) In which country are the Reichenbach Falls, where Sherlock Holmes
> apparently died?

Switerzerland.

> T) Which acid is found in grapes?

Tannic.

> X) Which substance causes the yellow colour in autumn leaves?

Xanthophyll.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "The three dots '...' here suppress a lot of detail
msb@vex.net | -- maybe I should have used four dots." -- Knuth

"Quiz Master" <david.7.bell@bt.com> writes:

> A) In which US State was Bill Clinton born?

Arkansas

> B) In which city was the Palestine Liberation Organization founded in
> 1964?

Beirut?

> D) In which television series did Thelma Barlow play a character
> called Dolly?

Dinnerladies

> E) What name is given to a table showing the predicted positions of a
> celestial body such as a planet, comet or asteroid?
>
> F) The two main forms of which sport are called 'Ultimate' and
> 'Guts'?

Frisbee?

> G) What is Scandinavian, raw, pickled Salmon with mustard and dill
> sauce called?

Don't know but I had it last time I was in Norway. It's lovely.

> M) On which Mediterranean island did Robert Graves live much of his
> life?

Malta?

> N) Sharing it with the surname of a current Italian defender, what
> was Bob Marley's middle name?

Nesta

> P) Which card game is played with 48 cards where two decks are
> stripped of cards below 9?

Piquet... although the cards go down to 7 in Piquet

> Q) Which sport does Harry Potter excel at?

Quidditch

> R) Which word connects the title of a 2003 film starring Ed Harris
> and Cuba Gooding Junior and a UK number one single for Robbie
> Williams in 2004?

Radio?

> S) In which country are the Reichenbach Falls, where Sherlock Holmes
> apparently died?

Austria

> V) Who had a number three hit in the UK Singles chart of 1980 with
> 'Turning Japanese'?

The Vapors

Quiz Master wrote:

> Here is Listy's Alpha-quiz for September, so-named because each answer
> is in alphbetical order.
>
> September
>
> A) In which US State was Bill Clinton born?

Arkansas

> B) In which city was the Palestine Liberation Organization founded in
> 1964?
>
> C) Which artist took his name from the town of Modena where he was
> born?
>
> D) In which television series did Thelma Barlow play a character called
> Dolly?

Designing Women

> E) What name is given to a table showing the predicted positions of a
> celestial body such as a planet, comet or asteroid?

Ephemeris

> F) The two main forms of which sport are called 'Ultimate' and
> 'Guts'?

Frisbee

> G) What is Scandinavian, raw, pickled Salmon with mustard and dill
> sauce called?
>
> H) What name meaning 'achievement of eternal peace' is given to the
> reign of Akihito, the world's only reigning Emperor?
>
> I) What term is used to describes types of printing such as etching and
> engraving whereby the design is incised?
>
> J) Which US Civil War epic, directed by William Wyler starred Bette
> Davis and Henry Fonda?
>
> K) Who is the Hindu god of love and pleasure?
>
> L) Which tree is sometimes known as Golden Rain?
>
> M) On which Mediterranean island did Robert Graves live much of his
> life?
>
> N) Sharing it with the surname of a current Italian defender, what was
> Bob Marley's middle name?
>
> O) The number of clouds covering the sky is measured in what?
>
> P) Which card game is played with 48 cards where two decks are stripped
> of cards below 9?

Pinochle

> Q) Which sport does Harry Potter excel at?

Quidditch

> R) Which word connects the title of a 2003 film starring Ed Harris and
> Cuba Gooding Junior and a UK number one single for Robbie Williams in
> 2004?
>
> S) In which country are the Reichenbach Falls, where Sherlock Holmes
> apparently died?
>
> T) Which acid is found in grapes?

Tannic acid?

> U) At 800 metres in height, which is Europe's highest waterfall?
>
> V) Who had a number three hit in the UK Singles chart of 1980 with
> 'Turning Japanese'?
>
> W) Which perfume house makes Je Reviens?
>
> X) Which substance causes the yellow colour in autumn leaves?
>
> Y) Which novel by Leo Tolstoy is the third in his autobiographical
> dictionary?
>
> Z) Which Italian dessert is made from egg yolks with marsala and sugar?

--Jeff

--
Often war is waged only in order to
show valor; thus an inner dignity is

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

On 8 Sep 2005 02:06:21 -0700, "Quiz Master" <david.7.bell@bt.com>
wrote:

>Here is Listy's Alpha-quiz for September, so-named because each answer
>is in alphbetical order.
>
>September
>
>A) In which US State was Bill Clinton born?
Arkansas

>B) In which city was the Palestine Liberation Organization founded in
>1964?
Beiruit?

>E) What name is given to a table showing the predicted positions of a
>celestial body such as a planet, comet or asteroid?
Ephemiris

>F) The two main forms of which sport are called 'Ultimate' and
>'Guts'?
Frisbee

>I) What term is used to describes types of printing such as etching and
>engraving whereby the design is incised?
Intaglio

>K) Who is the Hindu god of love and pleasure?
Kama? Kami?

>L) Which tree is sometimes known as Golden Rain?
Locust?

>P) Which card game is played with 48 cards where two decks are stripped
>of cards below 9?
Pinochle

>Q) Which sport does Harry Potter excel at?
Quidditch

>S) In which country are the Reichenbach Falls, where Sherlock Holmes
>apparently died?
Switzerland

>T) Which acid is found in grapes?
Tannic

>W) Which perfume house makes Je Reviens?
Wirth (Wirth?)
>X) Which substance causes the yellow colour in autumn leaves?
xanthophyll

>Z) Which Italian dessert is made from egg yolks with marsala and sugar?
Zabaglione

Barb

Gareth Owen <usenet@gwowen.freeserve.co.uk> writes:

> "Quiz Master" <david.7.bell@bt.com> writes:
>> G) What is Scandinavian, raw, pickled Salmon with mustard and dill
>> sauce called?
>
> Don't know but I had it last time I was in Norway. It's lovely.

Gravadlax.

"You've sunk my battleship!"

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

**** THE ANSWERS ****

September

A) In which US State was Bill Clinton born? Arkansas

B) In which city was the Palestine Liberation Organization founded in
1964? Beirut

C) Which artist took his name from the town of Modena where he was
born? Correggio

D) In which television series did Thelma Barlow play a character called
Dolly? Dinnerladies

E) What name is given to a table showing the predicted positions of a
celestial body such as a planet, comet or asteroid? Ephemeris

F) The two main forms of which sport are called 'Ultimate' and
'Guts'? Frisbee

G) What is Scandinavian, raw, pickled Salmon with mustard and dill
sauce called? Gravlax

H) What name meaning 'achievement of eternal peace' is given to the
reign of Akihito, the world's only reigning Emperor? Heisei

I) What term is used to describes types of printing such as etching and
engraving whereby the design is incised? Intaglio

J) Which US Civil War epic, directed by William Wyler starred Bette
Davis and Henry Fonda? Jezebel

K) Who is the Hindu god of love and pleasure? Kama

L) Which tree is sometimes known as Golden Rain? Laburnum

M) On which Mediterranean island did Robert Graves live much of his
life? Majorca

N) Sharing it with the surname of a current Italian defender, what was
Bob Marley's middle name? Nesta

O) The number of clouds covering the sky is measured in what? Oktas

P) Which card game is played with 48 cards where two decks are stripped
of cards below 9? Pinochcle

Q) Which sport does Harry Potter excel at? Quidditch

R) Which word connects the title of a 2003 film starring Ed Harris and
Cuba Gooding Junior and a UK number one single for Robbie Williams in
2004? Radio

S) In which country are the Reichenbach Falls, where Sherlock Holmes
apparently died? Switzerland

T) Which acid is found in grapes? Tartaric

U) At 800 metres in height, which is Europe's highest waterfall?
Utigard

V) Who had a number three hit in the UK Singles chart of 1980 with
'Turning Japanese'? Vapors

W) Which perfume house makes Je Reviens? Worth

X) Which substance causes the yellow colour in autumn leaves?
Xanthophyll

Y) Which novel by Leo Tolstoy is the third in his autobiographical
dictionary? Youth

Martin Willett <mwillett.org@invalid.invalid> writes:

> Gareth Owen wrote:
> > "Quiz Master" <david.7.bell@bt.com> writes: