I Can't Save Picture As... *.Jpg

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hello Everyone,
When I go to and right click on an image file (In MS Internet Explorer) and
right click and select Save Picture As *.jpg. I can't! It only lets me do it
as a *.Bmp. I know I use to be able to Save As a *.Jpg.
I even tried to save files old files I saved before as JPEG (*.jpg) and now
I can only save as *.bmp.

Can someone Please help!!! Thank You!!

Larry

"Larry" <lilredx@canada.com> wrote in message
> Hello Everyone,
> When I go to and right click on an image file (In MS Internet
> Explorer) and right click and select Save Picture As *.jpg. I can't!
> It only lets me do it as a *.Bmp. I know I use to be able to Save As
> a *.Jpg.
> I even tried to save files old files I saved before as JPEG (*.jpg)
> and now I can only save as *.bmp.
>
> Can someone Please help!!! Thank You!!
>
> Larry

Clear all objects that don't say "installed" under status column - in
IE tools/ settings button / view objects button.

It's time to perform some computer housecleaning chores:

Go to Start > Run and type: CLEANMGR.EXE , and hit enter.
This will start your disk cleanup utility. Make sure to cleanup
your Temporary Internet Files.

Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810978&Product=ie600

Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper Format
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260650&Product=ie600

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Larry" wrote:

| Hello Everyone,
| When I go to and right click on an image file (In MS Internet Explorer) and
| right click and select Save Picture As *.jpg. I can't! It only lets me do it
| as a *.Bmp. I know I use to be able to Save As a *.Jpg.
| I even tried to save files old files I saved before as JPEG (*.jpg) and now
| I can only save as *.bmp.
|
| Can someone Please help!!! Thank You!!
|
| Larry

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks for replying,
Everything there says installed! Can it be something else?

Larry

"Slippery_one" <Slippery_one@nospam.net> wrote in message

> "Larry" <lilredx@canada.com> wrote in message
>> Hello Everyone,
>> When I go to and right click on an image file (In MS Internet Explorer)
>> and right click and select Save Picture As *.jpg. I can't! It only lets
>> me do it as a *.Bmp. I know I use to be able to Save As a *.Jpg.
>> I even tried to save files old files I saved before as JPEG (*.jpg) and
>> now I can only save as *.bmp.
>>
>> Can someone Please help!!! Thank You!!
>>
>> Larry
>
> Clear all objects that don't say "installed" under status column - in IE
> tools/ settings button / view objects button.

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Perfect!!!