I Can't Save Picture As... *.Jpg

Hello Everyone,
When I go to and right click on an image file (In MS Internet Explorer) and
right click and select Save Picture As *.jpg. I can't! It only lets me do it
as a *.Bmp. I know I use to be able to Save As a *.Jpg.
I even tried to save files old files I saved before as JPEG (*.jpg) and now
I can only save as *.bmp.

Can someone Please help!!! Thank You!!

Larry
4 answers Last reply
More about save picture

    "Larry" <lilredx@canada.com> wrote in message
    > Hello Everyone,
    > When I go to and right click on an image file (In MS Internet
    > Explorer) and right click and select Save Picture As *.jpg. I can't!
    > It only lets me do it as a *.Bmp. I know I use to be able to Save As
    > a *.Jpg.
    > I even tried to save files old files I saved before as JPEG (*.jpg)
    > and now I can only save as *.bmp.
    >
    > Can someone Please help!!! Thank You!!
    >
    > Larry

    Clear all objects that don't say "installed" under status column - in
    IE tools/ settings button / view objects button.

    It's time to perform some computer housecleaning chores:

    Go to Start > Run and type: CLEANMGR.EXE , and hit enter.
    This will start your disk cleanup utility. Make sure to cleanup
    your Temporary Internet Files.

    Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810978&Product=ie600

    Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper Format
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260650&Product=ie600

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Larry" wrote:

    | Hello Everyone,
    | When I go to and right click on an image file (In MS Internet Explorer) and
    | right click and select Save Picture As *.jpg. I can't! It only lets me do it
    | as a *.Bmp. I know I use to be able to Save As a *.Jpg.
    | I even tried to save files old files I saved before as JPEG (*.jpg) and now
    | I can only save as *.bmp.
    |
    | Can someone Please help!!! Thank You!!
    |
    | Larry

    Thanks for replying,
    Everything there says installed! Can it be something else?

    Larry

    "Slippery_one" <Slippery_one@nospam.net> wrote in message

    > "Larry" <lilredx@canada.com> wrote in message
    >> Hello Everyone,
    >> When I go to and right click on an image file (In MS Internet Explorer)
    >> and right click and select Save Picture As *.jpg. I can't! It only lets
    >> me do it as a *.Bmp. I know I use to be able to Save As a *.Jpg.
    >> I even tried to save files old files I saved before as JPEG (*.jpg) and
    >> now I can only save as *.bmp.
    >>
    >> Can someone Please help!!! Thank You!!
    >>
    >> Larry
    >
    > Clear all objects that don't say "installed" under status column - in IE
    > tools/ settings button / view objects button.

    Perfect!!!

    Thanks Very Much!!

    Larry

    > It's time to perform some computer housecleaning chores:
    >
    > Go to Start > Run and type: CLEANMGR.EXE , and hit enter.
    > This will start your disk cleanup utility. Make sure to cleanup
    > your Temporary Internet Files.
    >
    > Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810978&Product=ie600
    >
    > Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper Format
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260650&Product=ie600
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Larry" wrote:
    >
    > | Hello Everyone,
    > | When I go to and right click on an image file (In MS Internet Explorer)
    > and
    > | right click and select Save Picture As *.jpg. I can't! It only lets me
    > do it
    > | as a *.Bmp. I know I use to be able to Save As a *.Jpg.
    > | I even tried to save files old files I saved before as JPEG (*.jpg) and
    > now
    > | I can only save as *.bmp.
    > |
    > | Can someone Please help!!! Thank You!!
    > |
    > | Larry

Internet Explorer Support Microsoft Windows XP