Listys Themed Quiz *The Human Body * 26/09

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

A day late, but still, better late than never. Listy has been looking at
the human body this week......

26/September - The Human Body -

1) Which is the outer and slightly shorter of the two forearm bones?

2) What did Karl Landsteiner discover in 1901 that was to win him the Nobel
Prize for Medicine in 1930?

3) The Wasserman test was the first effective test for which disease?

4) What is a soft spot on a babies head called?

5) Dudley Moore, Emperor Claudius and Lord Byron were all born with the
birth defect Talipes equinovarus, by what two word term is this better
known?

6) What is the main constituent of bones?

7) What is the tool-like name for the Malleus?

8) What is the membrane lining the chest cavity called?

9) Where would you find the Organ of Corti?

10) Which PG is a tiny structure located at the base of the brain?

11) A MRI scan uses magnetism to build up a picture of the inside of the
body instead of X-rays. What does MRI stand for?

12) It separates the mouth from the nasal cavity, what is the small mass of
tissue hanging down from the soft palate, near the back of the throat
called?

13) If you were using your Masseter muscle what would you be doing?

14) Which is the first menstrual period, as a girl's body progresses through
the changes of puberty?

15) Which part of the brain regulates temperature?

16) A long projection of a neuron that conducts impulses away from the body
of the nerve cell is called what?

17) From the Latin for 'I will please' which medical treatment has no
physical effect?

18) What is the hardest substance in the human body?

19) What are the 12 vertebrae of the spine between the Cervical and Lumbar
called?

20) The study of causes and nature of diseases is given what name?

******************************­­******

If you enjoyed this quiz and would like to see more of the same then
feel free to visit our site http://pubquizzer.com

Quiz-Master wrote:

> A day late, but still, better late than never. Listy has been looking at
> the human body this week......
>
> 26/September - The Human Body -
>
> 1) Which is the outer and slightly shorter of the two forearm bones?
>
> 2) What did Karl Landsteiner discover in 1901 that was to win him the Nobel
> Prize for Medicine in 1930?
>
> 3) The Wasserman test was the first effective test for which disease?
>
> 4) What is a soft spot on a babies head called?
>
> 5) Dudley Moore, Emperor Claudius and Lord Byron were all born with the
> birth defect Talipes equinovarus, by what two word term is this better
> known?

cleft palate

> 6) What is the main constituent of bones?

calcium

> 7) What is the tool-like name for the Malleus?

hammer (or anvil)

> 8) What is the membrane lining the chest cavity called?
>
> 9) Where would you find the Organ of Corti?
>
> 10) Which PG is a tiny structure located at the base of the brain?

pineal gland

> 11) A MRI scan uses magnetism to build up a picture of the inside of the
> body instead of X-rays. What does MRI stand for?

magnetic resonance imaging

> 12) It separates the mouth from the nasal cavity, what is the small mass of
> tissue hanging down from the soft palate, near the back of the throat
> called?

uvula

> 13) If you were using your Masseter muscle what would you be doing?
>
> 14) Which is the first menstrual period, as a girl's body progresses through
> the changes of puberty?
>
> 15) Which part of the brain regulates temperature?
>
> 16) A long projection of a neuron that conducts impulses away from the body
> of the nerve cell is called what?

axon

> 17) From the Latin for 'I will please' which medical treatment has no
> physical effect?
>
> 18) What is the hardest substance in the human body?

tooth enamel

> 19) What are the 12 vertebrae of the spine between the Cervical and Lumbar
> called?

happy, grumpy, sleepy, sneezy...

> 20) The study of causes and nature of diseases is given what name?

oncology

--Jeff

--
"an enormous Proportion of Property vested in
a few Individuals is dangerous to the Rights,

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 19:06:23 +0100, "Quiz-Master"
<david.7.bell@bt.com> wrote:

>A day late, but still, better late than never. Listy has been looking at
>the human body this week......
>
>26/September - The Human Body -
>
>1) Which is the outer and slightly shorter of the two forearm bones?
Radius?

>3) The Wasserman test was the first effective test for which disease?
VD

>4) What is a soft spot on a babies head called?
>
>5) Dudley Moore, Emperor Claudius and Lord Byron were all born with the
>birth defect Talipes equinovarus, by what two word term is this better
>known?
>
>6) What is the main constituent of bones?
Calcium

>7) What is the tool-like name for the Malleus?
Hammer

>8) What is the membrane lining the chest cavity called?
Pericardium

>9) Where would you find the Organ of Corti?

>10) Which PG is a tiny structure located at the base of the brain?
Pituitary Gland

>11) A MRI scan uses magnetism to build up a picture of the inside of the
>body instead of X-rays. What does MRI stand for?
Magnetic Resonance Imaging

>12) It separates the mouth from the nasal cavity, what is the small mass of
>tissue hanging down from the soft palate, near the back of the throat
>called?
Uvula

>13) If you were using your Masseter muscle what would you be doing?
>
>14) Which is the first menstrual period, as a girl's body progresses through
>the changes of puberty?
>
>15) Which part of the brain regulates temperature?
Hypothalamus?

>16) A long projection of a neuron that conducts impulses away from the body
>of the nerve cell is called what?
Ganglia

>17) From the Latin for 'I will please' which medical treatment has no
>physical effect?
Placebo

>18) What is the hardest substance in the human body?
Tooth enamel

"Quiz-Master" <david.7.bell@bt.com> writes:

> 5) Dudley Moore, Emperor Claudius and Lord Byron were all born with the
> birth defect Talipes equinovarus, by what two word term is this better
> known?

Club foot?

> 7) What is the tool-like name for the Malleus?

Hammer?

> 10) Which PG is a tiny structure located at the base of the brain?

Pituitary gland

> 11) A MRI scan uses magnetism to build up a picture of the inside of the
> body instead of X-rays. What does MRI stand for?

Magnetic Resonance Imaging?

> 12) It separates the mouth from the nasal cavity, what is the small mass of
> tissue hanging down from the soft palate, near the back of the throat
> called?

Uvula

> 14) Which is the first menstrual period, as a girl's body progresses through
> the changes of puberty?

Menarche

> 17) From the Latin for 'I will please' which medical treatment has no
> physical effect?

Placebo

> 18) What is the hardest substance in the human body?

Tooth enamel?

> 20) The study of causes and nature of diseases is given what name?

Pathology?

Will work for the meaning of life

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

> 26/September - The Human Body -
>
> 1) Which is the outer and slightly shorter of the two forearm bones?

Radius.

> 2) What did Karl Landsteiner discover in 1901 that was to win him the Nobel
> Prize for Medicine in 1930?

Blood groups (types).

> 3) The Wasserman test was the first effective test for which disease?

Syphilis.

> 4) What is a soft spot on a babies head called?

Foramen ovale.

> 5) Dudley Moore, Emperor Claudius and Lord Byron were all born with the
> birth defect Talipes equinovarus, by what two word term is this better
> known?

Club foot.

> 6) What is the main constituent of bones?

Calcium carbonate.

> 7) What is the tool-like name for the Malleus?

Hammer.

> 8) What is the membrane lining the chest cavity called?

Pleural sac.

> 9) Where would you find the Organ of Corti?

In the ear.

> 10) Which PG is a tiny structure located at the base of the brain?

Pineal gland.

> 11) A MRI scan uses magnetism to build up a picture of the inside of the
> body instead of X-rays. What does MRI stand for?

Nuclear Magnetic Resonance. (Okay, Magnetic Resonance Imaging. It was
changed due to public ignorance.)

> 12) It separates the mouth from the nasal cavity, what is the small mass of
> tissue hanging down from the soft palate, near the back of the throat
> called?

Uvula.

> 13) If you were using your Masseter muscle what would you be doing?

Chewing.

> 14) Which is the first menstrual period, as a girl's body progresses through
> the changes of puberty?

Menarche.

> 15) Which part of the brain regulates temperature?

Hypothalamus.

> 16) A long projection of a neuron that conducts impulses away from the body
> of the nerve cell is called what?

Axon.

> 17) From the Latin for 'I will please' which medical treatment has no
> physical effect?

Placebo.

> 18) What is the hardest substance in the human body?

Tooth enamel.

> 19) What are the 12 vertebrae of the spine between the Cervical and Lumbar
> called?

Dorsal.

> 20) The study of causes and nature of diseases is given what name?

Pathology.
--
Mark Brader | "Simple things should be simple." -- Alan Kay, on UIs
msb@vex.net | "Too many ... try to make complex things simple ...
| -- Jeff Prothero

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

"Quiz-Master" <david.7.bell@bt.com> writes:

> 1) Which is the outer and slightly shorter of the two forearm bones?

Ulna?

> 2) What did Karl Landsteiner discover in 1901 that was to win him
> the Nobel Prize for Medicine in 1930?

Naked pictures of the Nobel committee

> 3) The Wasserman test was the first effective test for which disease?

The clap

> 6) What is the main constituent of bones?

Some Calcium compound that isn't carbonate.

> 7) What is the tool-like name for the Malleus?

The Hammer

> 8) What is the membrane lining the chest cavity called?

I should know this, cos I once had to play the title character of "The
Wizard of Oz" at short notice because the original actor's had
inflamed. Man, it's annoying that I can't remember.

> 10) Which PG is a tiny structure located at the base of the brain?

Pituitary (sp) Gland

> 11) A MRI scan uses magnetism to build up a picture of the inside of
> the body instead of X-rays. What does MRI stand for?

Magnetic Resonance Imaging

> 12) It separates the mouth from the nasal cavity, what is the small
> mass of tissue hanging down from the soft palate, near the back of
> the throat called?

Glottle

> 15) Which part of the brain regulates temperature?

The Cortex Thermostatus

> 16) A long projection of a neuron that conducts impulses away from
> the body of the nerve cell is called what?

Ganglia

> 17) From the Latin for 'I will please' which medical treatment has no
> physical effect?

Placebo

> 18) What is the hardest substance in the human body?

Tooth enamel

> 20) The study of causes and nature of diseases is given what name?

Epideiology

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

You deserve a point for inventiveness at least :-D

Quiz-Master wrote:
> A day late, but still, better late than never. Listy has been looking at
> the human body this week......
>
> 26/September - The Human Body -
>
> 1) Which is the outer and slightly shorter of the two forearm bones?
Radius

> 2) What did Karl Landsteiner discover in 1901 that was to win him the Nobel
> Prize for Medicine in 1930?
Blood types

> 3) The Wasserman test was the first effective test for which disease?
Syphillis

> 4) What is a soft spot on a babies head called?
Fontanelle

> 5) Dudley Moore, Emperor Claudius and Lord Byron were all born with the
> birth defect Talipes equinovarus, by what two word term is this better
> known?
Clubfoot

> 6) What is the main constituent of bones?
Calcium

> 7) What is the tool-like name for the Malleus?
Hammer

> 8) What is the membrane lining the chest cavity called?
Pleura

> 9) Where would you find the Organ of Corti?
In the skull, in the mastoid bone

> 10) Which PG is a tiny structure located at the base of the brain?
Pineal gland

> 11) A MRI scan uses magnetism to build up a picture of the inside of the
> body instead of X-rays. What does MRI stand for?
Magnetic Resonance Imaging

> 12) It separates the mouth from the nasal cavity, what is the small mass of
> tissue hanging down from the soft palate, near the back of the throat
> called?
Uvula

> 13) If you were using your Masseter muscle what would you be doing?
Chewing

> 14) Which is the first menstrual period, as a girl's body progresses through
> the changes of puberty?
Stage 4 of puberty.

> 15) Which part of the brain regulates temperature?
Hypothalamus

> 16) A long projection of a neuron that conducts impulses away from the body
> of the nerve cell is called what?
Axon

> 17) From the Latin for 'I will please' which medical treatment has no
> physical effect?
Placebo

> 18) What is the hardest substance in the human body?
Tooth enamel, unless you swallow a titanium nut

> 19) What are the 12 vertebrae of the spine between the Cervical and Lumbar
> called?
Thoracic

> 20) The study of causes and nature of diseases is given what name?
Pathology

> If you enjoyed this quiz and would like to see more of the same then
> feel free to visit our site http://pubquizzer.com

Great quiz!

rick