Windows xp start up

Please some one help me out. I recently had a worm. I had use
www.trendmicro.com, the house doctor to clean this up, but since then my
windows xp home edition takes for ever to start up, everything is so slow, I
really don't know what to do. Plus I can not reinstall my printer, which is a
HP, it was coming up with a messgae that the windows installer is not
available. Basic plain english please
--
Greatly Appreciate Your Assistance
Buggy

You may have corrupt or damaged files?

See this link for full instructions:
http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html
Introduction to using scannow sfc (system file checker)

If you're still having problems with the Windows Installer after running the System
File Checker
See this link
How to resolve Common "Windows Installer" Problems
;555175]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];555175

Also you may wish to check for spyware/malware
Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by third-party software
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827315

Make sure your anti virus software is up to date.