Modified Vectrex Lightpen Part Question

LiQuiD

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

I was going back thru the archives here & I found a post I did a while
ago when I was trying to build a light pen....I need clarification on
part of the instructions...For the diode that is mentioned, what
radioshack part number can I use...I tried looking for just a
germanium diode, but I couldn't find anything...Also, is this the way
to go instead of using the older lightpen schematic?

">>>any chance of getting a schematic of this & an exact parts
list...Im
>having a hard time following the description...Thanks!<<
>
>OK ... I'll take a stab at it ...
>
>infared photo-transistor (Radio Shack# 276-145A),
>resistor 271-1118
>Germanium Diode
>project solder board
>dry marker (contents removed)
>genesis extension cable
>
>Note: drill hole in marker cap and thread genesis cable through
before
>continuing ...
>
>Make the following connections ...
>
>Phototransistor leads ...
>Connect C to Genesis cable wire Pin 4
>Connect E to Genesis cable wire Pin 9
>
>Resistor leads ...
>connect one end to Genesis cable wire Pin 4
>connect other end to Genesis cable wire Pin 8
>
>Diode leads ...
>connect negative end to Genesis cable wire Pin 9
>connect positive end to Genesis cable wire Pin 8
>
>Insert into the marker casing and adjust as necessary ...
>Works great!
>
>Credit to Aaron Howald
>
>Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA"

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

>>I need clarification on part of the instructions...For the diode
that is mentioned, what radioshack part number can I use...<<

I use diode IN43A type .. Radio Shack number 276-1123. This simple 3
component design works great!

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA