Installing Service Pack 2

I have Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002. I downloaded SP2 last November
but had to have it uninstalled as I encountered problems with my computer
after the installation. I now understand that I will have to install SP2
before mid April, otherwise it will be downloaded automatically. If I am
running non-Microsoft programs will I still encounter problems after
installation or have some of the problems in SP2 being addressed over the
last few months?
1 answer Last reply
More about installing service pack

    Julianna;
    No, you will not have to install SP-2 by mid November.
    Some have reported this and those same are guilty of bad journalism:
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/forcesp2.htm

    Most problems with SP-2 are avoided with a well maintained computer:

    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
    http://www.dts-l.org

    "Julianna" <Julianna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002. I downloaded SP2 last
    >November
    > but had to have it uninstalled as I encountered problems with my computer
    > after the installation. I now understand that I will have to install SP2
    > before mid April, otherwise it will be downloaded automatically. If I am
    > running non-Microsoft programs will I still encounter problems after
    > installation or have some of the problems in SP2 being addressed over the
    > last few months?

Microsoft Windows XP