may

Everytime I open "My Music" folder (or any subsequent folders within "my
music"; a Windows Installer window opens. Followed by a message:

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is
unavailable...

How do I get rid of this notice?

Which application is trying to install?

Use this note as an example:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/community/centers/management/msi_faq.mspx
Under "Troubleshooting" section, see:

" Q.Every time I launch my application, Windows Installer performs an
installation. How can I determine the cause of the on-demand installation?
"

-and-

Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User