3D Adaptor Glasses!

kev

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Well, I ordered 50 pair of the glasses today! I should have them in a week
or so, and I will begin selling both the 3D imager replacement and the
glasses as a set. I will be accepting orders both via email and through
ebay. When they are ready to go, I will post in the newsgroup the contact
information.

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

"Kev" <no@spamplz.kthx> schreef in bericht
> Well, I ordered 50 pair of the glasses today! I should have them in a
week
> or so, and I will begin selling both the 3D imager replacement and the
> glasses as a set. I will be accepting orders both via email and through
> ebay. When they are ready to go, I will post in the newsgroup the contact
> information.

How about calling these sets "VecSpecs" or "VecSpecs3D" ? :^) That name just
popped into my mind.

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 11:27:26 +0200, "Milan Pollé"
<ln.bewfmt.lausivitra@nalim.nl> wrote:

>"Kev" <no@spamplz.kthx> schreef in bericht
>> Well, I ordered 50 pair of the glasses today! I should have them in a
>week
>> or so, and I will begin selling both the 3D imager replacement and the
>> glasses as a set. I will be accepting orders both via email and through
>> ebay. When they are ready to go, I will post in the newsgroup the contact
>> information.
>
>How about calling these sets "VecSpecs" or "VecSpecs3D" ? :^) That name just
>popped into my mind.

On a related topic, I'm having a problem getting them to work with 3D
Minestorm. Is there a preferred port to put them in? I'm pretty sure
that the problem is my Vectrex is about to give up the ghost, but I
figure I should cover all the bases.

ocelot

Raymond Pfaff <yarpfaff@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On a related topic, I'm having a problem getting them to work with 3D
> Minestorm. Is there a preferred port to put them in? I'm pretty sure
> that the problem is my Vectrex is about to give up the ghost, but I
> figure I should cover all the bases.

The goggles have to be plugged into port 2. Make sure you aren't
running the game from a VecFlash cart -- at the moment the menu
software will prevent the adapter from working unless you plug in the
goggles after the game has started.

Do the other two 3D games work?

If they do then it may be due to a small number of Vecs that have an
odd ROM revision (has a slightly diffrent startup messages). The
Vectrex that Kev tested his interface with is definitely one of thse
oddball machines (I sold it to him a few years ago). It's not likely
that this is the problem, but I thought I'd throw this out there...
about a decade ago there were problems with the original multicarts
(before Sean was making them) not working with all Vectrex types and
it was these oddball Vectrexes that were the culprit.

I'm about 98% sure that i have one of the more common Vectrex types
and I've tested all three released games and all the 3D demos with
Kev's interface and they work just fine.

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

"Milan Pollé" <ln.bewfmt.lausivitra@nalim.nl> schreef in bericht
> How about calling these sets "VecSpecs" or "VecSpecs3D" ? :^) That name
just
> popped into my mind.

Hmm, wait, or VecSpex ofcourse :^)

On 28 Apr 2004 14:35:51 -0700, rob_ocelot@hotmail.com (Ocelot) wrote:

>Raymond Pfaff <yarpfaff@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> On a related topic, I'm having a problem getting them to work with 3D
>> Minestorm. Is there a preferred port to put them in? I'm pretty sure
>> that the problem is my Vectrex is about to give up the ghost, but I
>> figure I should cover all the bases.
>
>The goggles have to be plugged into port 2. Make sure you aren't
>running the game from a VecFlash cart -- at the moment the menu
>software will prevent the adapter from working unless you plug in the
>goggles after the game has started.
>
>Do the other two 3D games work?
>
>If they do then it may be due to a small number of Vecs that have an
>odd ROM revision (has a slightly diffrent startup messages). The
>Vectrex that Kev tested his interface with is definitely one of thse
>oddball machines (I sold it to him a few years ago). It's not likely
>that this is the problem, but I thought I'd throw this out there...
>about a decade ago there were problems with the original multicarts
>(before Sean was making them) not working with all Vectrex types and
>it was these oddball Vectrexes that were the culprit.
>
>I'm about 98% sure that i have one of the more common Vectrex types
>and I've tested all three released games and all the 3D demos with
>Kev's interface and they work just fine.

Thanks, I'm not running a flash cart, one of the older eproms. The
problem I have is that the Vectrex just dies after the title screen.
It does this with other games also; after a while it seems to warm up
and run normally. That's why I suspected that the machine itself was
on it's last legs.