e and f drives

i can't find e and f drives in my computer and it doesn't want to play any
cds or burn them.
i would appreciate if you help.
thank you

bar

Are these drives recognised by BIOS? If not there isn't a hope of them being
accessible to Xp.

Check you IDE interface connections and also ensure that the jumpers are set
as Slave for one and Master for the other.

ALso, if the above is OK and didn't need any changes; did you recently
install any CD burning application. It may require an update.