Question about hot swapping hard drives...

I'd like to know if there is a way to make XP refresh it's hard drive info after hot swapping a hard drive. I've been playing around with hot swap drive bays, and I'd like to swap drives in and out without having to shutdown and reboot. XP will think that the new drive is still the old one, but it doesn't crash. It knows there's a drive there, but it doesn't reresh the data. The previous files are still listed, and the drive size is still there.

Is there a way to do this? Perhaps in a custom program or something?

Thanks for the help.

Jim

bar

You can try to force a 'refresh' of the window by pressing CTRL + F5.

Failing that it may be that Windows is accessing this information via BIOS
and thus a reboot is required.