HP Mini won't boot, blank screen flashes white once per second on powerup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Porkchop

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
Subject line pretty much says it all, HDD and Ram check out fine. Upon powerup the screen remains blank with the exception of a full screen flash of white every second. No keyboard keys flashing. Power light steady on. No sound.

Uncle Porkchop

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012

Power light same as always. Powering on with the battery removed produces the exact same results.

eek, oh well, some fans on laptops only run when it gets hot enough; they turn on and off.

Do you have a monitor that you could hook it up to?
I did read that some of the HP Mini's have problems with the LCD cable coming loose (not sure how).

Uncle Porkchop

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
I wondered what it would take for me to give up on this reclamation project and here we are. The RAM was reseated to no avail. I give up. Ebay - here I come. Thanks for all the help though.

Did you try booting-up with only one ram stick installed?
Try each ram stick separatly; I know that you tested it with software...but test them the manual way also.

See if you can research if there a way to reset the cmos with the laptops' keyboard option.

Uncle Porkchop

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
This really just screams RAM to me! Now I'm second guessing myself and wondering if I really checked the RAM or not. There is only one slot on this board. Time to find another stick of RAM and test it.

Uncle Porkchop

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
Well, I'm back. After some absolute moron bought the HP from me for parts on ebay and returned it because it didn't work (thanks for being an idiot, buddy) I'm at it again. Still completely stuck after trying new RAM. Just the good old blinking screen. Bout to lose my mind on this one.

tr37172

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013

Did you ever get this resolved?

Status
Not open for further replies.