Close Encounter of the Serious kind - system restore

My first posting - to anything when i think of it.

since taking on AVG7 Free and i should say since XP shield came on board,
every morning my computer encounters a serious error, shuts down and restores
to previous settings. i have scheduled the AVG to start and know that it
crashes right at the end of the system scan and reboots the machine. I have
scoured the FAQ's but cant seem to track anything down. Clues to solving this
would be welcome and
--
any help gratefully recieved. thanks. bernard
1 answer Last reply

    Try to reinstall avg7.... I have that and it works fine.... Also it might be
    a virus that currpeted something and makes it so you can't find it. Try the
    reinstall frist.

    "Bernard" wrote:

    > My first posting - to anything when i think of it.
    >
    > since taking on AVG7 Free and i should say since XP shield came on board,
    > every morning my computer encounters a serious error, shuts down and restores
    > to previous settings. i have scheduled the AVG to start and know that it
    > crashes right at the end of the system scan and reboots the machine. I have
    > scoured the FAQ's but cant seem to track anything down. Clues to solving this
    > would be welcome and
    > --
    > any help gratefully recieved. thanks. bernard

Microsoft System Restore Windows XP