error message problems

Can someone please help me to get rid of (fix) these two error messages. The
messages are:
error loading winupd.dll. The specified module could not be found.
error loading wincore.dll. The specified module could not be found.
Help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Linda

It looks as if you ran a scan for spyware and the programs
deleted some files but left behind entries in the Windows
registry. In order to get rid of them try the following:

Go to Start -> Run and type msconfig in the Open box. Click OK.
Look for any entries that mention those files.
Remove the check marks from the start of each line.
Click OK to close the System Configuration utility.
Click on the button to restart your computer.
Once your machine reboots, you're going to see a box mentioning
how Windows is now running in Diagnostic Mode.
Put a check in the box so that you don't see the message again
and click OK.

Post back if this doesn't help or you aren't sure about any of
the steps.
--
Nepatsfan

"Nepatsfan" wrote:

> It looks as if you ran a scan for spyware and the programs
> deleted some files but left behind entries in the Windows
> registry. In order to get rid of them try the following:
>
> Go to Start -> Run and type msconfig in the Open box. Click OK.
> Look for any entries that mention those files.
> Remove the check marks from the start of each line.
> Click OK to close the System Configuration utility.
> Click on the button to restart your computer.
> Once your machine reboots, you're going to see a box mentioning
> how Windows is now running in Diagnostic Mode.
> Put a check in the box so that you don't see the message again
> and click OK.
>
> Post back if this doesn't help or you aren't sure about any of
> the steps.
> --
> Nepatsfan
> "computer unsavvy linda" <computer unsavvy
> linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can someone please help me to get rid of (fix) these two error
> > messages. The
> > messages are:
> > error loading winupd.dll. The specified module could not be
> > found.
> > error loading wincore.dll. The specified module could not be
> > found.
> > Help would be much appreciated.
> > Thanks,
> > Linda
>
> I appreciate the help but I'm unsure about what to do. I did run, msconfig, ok, but which tab(s) do I look under? I did see winsclient(mfg unknown) under the services tab. That's the closest I saw to winupd, etc. Do you think that is it? I hesitate to click on things because I'm afraid I will mess things up badly.
Thanks
Linda

My mistake, it looks as if I left out a step.

Click on the Startup tab (it's the last tab).
Look in the column titled Command for a mention of those files.
Note: In order to see the entire contents of that line place your
cursor over the bar that's to the right of "Command" and double
click when it changes to a double arrow.
If you find entries for these files remove the check mark from
the box next to them.
Click on Apply and then Close.
Click on the button to restart your computer.
Once your machine reboots, you're going to see a box mentioning
how Windows is now running in Diagnostic Mode.
Put a check in the box so that you don't see the message again
and click OK.

Post back if you're unsure what steps to take. If you find an
entry that you're not sure about removing include all the info in
the Command column for that entry.

As long as your only making changes on the Startup tab, you
won't, as you put it, "mess things up badly".

--

> "Nepatsfan" wrote:
>
>> It looks as if you ran a scan for spyware and the programs
>> deleted some files but left behind entries in the Windows
>> registry. In order to get rid of them try the following:
>>
>> Go to Start -> Run and type msconfig in the Open box. Click
>> OK.
>> Look for any entries that mention those files.
>> Remove the check marks from the start of each line.
>> Click OK to close the System Configuration utility.
>> Click on the button to restart your computer.
>> Once your machine reboots, you're going to see a box
>> mentioning
>> how Windows is now running in Diagnostic Mode.
>> Put a check in the box so that you don't see the message again
>> and click OK.
>>
>> Post back if this doesn't help or you aren't sure about any of
>> the steps.
>> --
>> Nepatsfan
>> "computer unsavvy linda" <computer unsavvy
>> linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Can someone please help me to get rid of (fix) these two
>> > error
>> > messages. The
>> > messages are:
>> > error loading winupd.dll. The specified module could not be
>> > found.
>> > error loading wincore.dll. The specified module could not be
>> > found.
>> > Help would be much appreciated.
>> > Thanks,
>> > Linda
>>
>> I appreciate the help but I'm unsure about what to do. I did
>> run, msconfig, ok, but which tab(s) do I look under? I did see
>> winsclient(mfg unknown) under the services tab. That's the
>> closest I saw to winupd, etc. Do you think that is it? I
>> hesitate to click on things because I'm afraid I will mess
>> things up badly.
> Thanks
> Linda

Thanks Nepatsfan. I did the steps you said but I didn't see the two entries
anywhere. Is there any thing else I can try?
Linda

"Nepatsfan" wrote:

> My mistake, it looks as if I left out a step.

> Click on the Startup tab (it's the last tab).
> Look in the column titled Command for a mention of those files.
> Note: In order to see the entire contents of that line place your
> cursor over the bar that's to the right of "Command" and double
> click when it changes to a double arrow.
> If you find entries for these files remove the check mark from
> the box next to them.
> Click on Apply and then Close.
> Click on the button to restart your computer.
> Once your machine reboots, you're going to see a box mentioning
> how Windows is now running in Diagnostic Mode.
> Put a check in the box so that you don't see the message again
> and click OK.
>
> Post back if you're unsure what steps to take. If you find an
> entry that you're not sure about removing include all the info in
> the Command column for that entry.
>
> As long as your only making changes on the Startup tab, you
> won't, as you put it, "mess things up badly".
>
> --
> Nepatsfan
> "computer unsavvy linda"
> <computerunsavvylinda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >

> > "Nepatsfan" wrote:
> >
> >> It looks as if you ran a scan for spyware and the programs
> >> deleted some files but left behind entries in the Windows
> >> registry. In order to get rid of them try the following:
> >>
> >> Go to Start -> Run and type msconfig in the Open box. Click
> >> OK.
> >> Look for any entries that mention those files.
> >> Remove the check marks from the start of each line.
> >> Click OK to close the System Configuration utility.
> >> Click on the button to restart your computer.
> >> Once your machine reboots, you're going to see a box
> >> mentioning
> >> how Windows is now running in Diagnostic Mode.
> >> Put a check in the box so that you don't see the message again
> >> and click OK.
> >>
> >> Post back if this doesn't help or you aren't sure about any of
> >> the steps.
> >> --
> >> Nepatsfan
> >> "computer unsavvy linda" <computer unsavvy
> >> linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> I appreciate the help but I'm unsure about what to do. I did
> >> run, msconfig, ok, but which tab(s) do I look under? I did see
> >> winsclient(mfg unknown) under the services tab. That's the
> >> closest I saw to winupd, etc. Do you think that is it? I
> >> hesitate to click on things because I'm afraid I will mess
> >> things up badly.
> > Thanks
> > Linda

When do you see these error messages?
What exactly are you doing when they popup?
What antivirus or antispyware programs are installed on you
computer?