New Vectrex Game: Thrust

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Ville Krumlinde has been working on a new Vectrex game called Thrust.
It is based on a Commodore 64 game of the same name. The game posted on
YakYak is a beta candidate for public release.

Thrust involves maneuvering your ship against gravity into a planet and
picking up a pod with your tractor beam. At that time the pod is like a
pendulum that you try to keep from swaying too much as you escape out of
the planet.

I have played Thomas Jentzsch's homebrew version of Thrust for the Atari
2600. Now there is a Vectrex version. Great fun!

http://www.yakyak.org/viewtopic.php?t=20002

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA
(Beta tester for Vectrex Thrust)
10 answers Last reply
More about vectrex game thrust
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

    On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, Rob Mitchell wrote:

    > Ville Krumlinde has been working on a new Vectrex game called Thrust.
    > It is based on a Commodore 64 game of the same name. The game posted on
    > YakYak is a beta candidate for public release.

    If it ever gets burned onto a Vectrex cart, I'll buy it!

    Truly,
    Robert Bernardo
    Fresno Commodore User Group
    http://videocam.net.au/fcug
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

    Woah. Gotta try this immediately!

    Manu
    vgdb.vectrex.com
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

    Wow, it's AWESOME !!!!

    He must have worked on it a long, long time as it's incredibly polished,
    especially the title graphic and music on the intro screen.

    The game play is REALLY slick too, and from what I remember, faithful to the
    C64 version.

    Who is he ?

    He's certainly got 'mad coding skillz' :)

    Richard H.
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

    > Wow, it's AWESOME !!!!

    Yes, it is rather good.

    > He must have worked on it a long, long time as it's incredibly polished,
    > especially the title graphic and music on the intro screen.

    Apparently, seeing the Protector promo mpeg is what sparked the motivation
    to create it. So that's me dead chuffed! :-)

    > The game play is REALLY slick too, and from what I remember, faithful to
    the
    > C64 version.

    More buttons on the Vec controller though which helps the playability no
    end.

    > Who is he ?

    Heh, well he's thanked you in the readme file for the VecRam so presumably
    he bought one from you?

    > He's certainly got 'mad coding skillz' :)

    And the Vectrex is blessed with yet another great homebrew.

    Alex
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

    Thank you, Ville.
    Outstanding job!!!

    George
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

    "Richard Hutchinson" <richard.hutchinson@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    > Wow, it's AWESOME !!!!

    I'm gonna have to get me one of them there Vec Ram carts aren't I?!

    Is there an imminent update of the cart Richard or am I thinking of the
    VecVoice?

    cNp
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

    Great looking game and impressive for Beta. Games like this make it worth
    the extra $$$ for a Vectrex on EBAY.

    Michael

    "GeoFury" <geofury@aol.com> wrote in message

    > Thank you, Ville.
    > Outstanding job!!!
    >
    > George

    ---
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

    >Is there an imminent update of the cart Richard or am I thinking of the
    >VecVoice?

    VecRam has now been superseded by VecFlash (ready now)

    VecVoice is now VecVox (VecVoice compatible) (coming soon)

    VecVox is more than just a speech synth - it's capable of many different
    sound effects (robots etc) + it's got a 5 channel synth built-in.

    Richard H.
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

    >Heh, well he's thanked you in the readme file for the VecRam so presumably
    >he bought one from you?

    Hmm...I vaguely remember now, must have been a while ago. I did start making
    notes of who I'd sold them to, but I always get bored very quickly with
    paperwork.

    Anyway, I'm really glad it helped him write such a fantastic game.

    Richard H.
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

    "Alex H" <herbs64@spam.spam.spam.spam.yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Apparently, seeing the Protector promo mpeg is what sparked the motivation
    > to create it. So that's me dead chuffed! :-)

    Oh, hey Alex-- I forgot to tell you before...

    Kazunori Yamauchi (project leader for the Gran Turismo games on the
    Playstation and president of Polyphony Digital) came by our arcade at the
    beginning of the year. I have one of the Protector carts you sent me on
    permanent display there and he and his FMV design director really took a
    shine to it. We have a picture up here:

    http://www.groundkontrol.com/news/yamauchi.php

    Thought you'd enjoy that. ;-)

    -Clay

Console Gaming Games Commodore Video Games