Gaim and Norton Internet Security

Gaim only works when NIS is disabled. I have open port 1863 (windows
port). Any suggestions?

-Kenneth

One more thing...
It is Norton Internet Security 2005.

sprucio

Findout which inbound and outbound ports are being used with GAIM and then
disable those ports in NIS.

You can use netstat -a from the command line to try to track which ports are
being used.

"stensland@gmail.com" wrote:

> One more thing...
> It is Norton Internet Security 2005.

I have disabled the personal firewall completely. But I cannot connect.
So the problem is'nt the firewall. It's the NIS itself.