CM4 Probs

Last response: in Video Games
December 7, 2004 12:26:36 AM

I recently sold my CM4 on e-bay. The buyer has just mailed me with the
following problem :-

>Received the disc when I got to work this morning thanks very much.
>
>Can you give us some advice please.
>
>My son has put it into our new computer which runs Windows XP,
>installed CM03-04 but after a lot of whirring a message comes up:
> "unable to authenticate disc within time limit" then there are 2
>boxes retry and cancel.
>
>We press retry but the same thing happens. What are we doing wrong?

As I didn't experience this, can anyone offer any help with what the
problem is. Anyone else see this?

Thanks for any help,
Cheers,
Mike
--
Michael Fairweather

More about : cm4 probs

Anonymous
December 7, 2004 12:59:44 AM

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 21:26:36 +0000, Michael Fairweather
<Mike@feathers.force9.co.uk> wrote:

>I recently sold my CM4 on e-bay. The buyer has just mailed me with the
>following problem :-
>
>>Received the disc when I got to work this morning thanks very much.
>>
>>Can you give us some advice please.
>>
>>My son has put it into our new computer which runs Windows XP,
>>installed CM03-04 but after a lot of whirring a message comes up:
>> "unable to authenticate disc within time limit" then there are 2
>>boxes retry and cancel.
>>
>>We press retry but the same thing happens. What are we doing wrong?
>>

>As I didn't experience this, can anyone offer any help with what the
>problem is. Anyone else see this?
>
>Thanks for any help,
>Cheers,
>Mike

sounds like the copy-protection doesnt like his cd/dvd drive. tell him
to use another drive (if he has one) failing that, point him in the
direction of a no-cd crack OR the 4.15 patch that doesnt have the copy
protection written into it (he'll need 4.1.4 first though iirc)
--

gamertag: chrisflynnuk
Live Line-up: RS3, RS3:BA, PGR2, Links04, SC:p T, Toca2, RSC2, MM3,

"Chris F" <chris@asif.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 21:26:36 +0000, Michael Fairweather
> <Mike@feathers.force9.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >I recently sold my CM4 on e-bay. The buyer has just mailed me with the
> >following problem :-
> >
> >>Received the disc when I got to work this morning thanks very much.
> >>
> >>Can you give us some advice please.
> >>
> >>My son has put it into our new computer which runs Windows XP,
> >>installed CM03-04 but after a lot of whirring a message comes up:
> >> "unable to authenticate disc within time limit" then there are 2
> >>boxes retry and cancel.
> >>
> >>We press retry but the same thing happens. What are we doing wrong?
> >>

> >As I didn't experience this, can anyone offer any help with what the
> >problem is. Anyone else see this?
> >
> >Thanks for any help,
> >Cheers,
> >Mike
>
> sounds like the copy-protection doesnt like his cd/dvd drive. tell him
> to use another drive (if he has one) failing that, point him in the
> direction of a no-cd crack OR the 4.15 patch that doesnt have the copy
> protection written into it (he'll need 4.1.4 first though iirc)
> --

it was possible to copy the entire CD to HDD and install it from there ?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 4:52:34 AM

Chris F wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 21:26:36 +0000, Michael Fairweather
> <Mike@feathers.force9.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >I recently sold my CM4 on e-bay. The buyer has just mailed me with the
> >following problem :-
> >
> >>My son has put it into our new computer which runs Windows XP,
> >>installed CM03-04 but after a lot of whirring a message comes up:
> >> "unable to authenticate disc within time limit" then there are 2
> >>boxes retry and cancel.
> >
> >As I didn't experience this, can anyone offer any help with what the
> >problem is. Anyone else see this?
> >

> sounds like the copy-protection doesnt like his cd/dvd drive. tell him
> to use another drive (if he has one) failing that, point him in the
> direction of a no-cd crack OR the 4.15 patch that doesnt have the copy
> protection written into it (he'll need 4.1.4 first though iirc)

Must install the 414 patch first before he can apply 415. But if patching is not that person's
cuppa, there is always a 410 nocd crack as well. Nocd can be had at www.gamecopyworld.com.
There is no other way to go around it failing using another drive or mounting a virtual cd
drive. It is rubbish but, hey, that's copy-prot for you.
Anonymous
December 9, 2004 1:58:19 PM

The Wielder of the Scythe wrote:
> Chris F wrote:
>

>>On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 21:26:36 +0000, Michael Fairweather
>><Mike@feathers.force9.co.uk> wrote:
>>

>>>I recently sold my CM4 on e-bay. The buyer has just mailed me with the
>>>following problem :-

>>>As I didn't experience this, can anyone offer any help with what the
>>>problem is. Anyone else see this?
>>>

>>sounds like the copy-protection doesnt like his cd/dvd drive. tell him
>>to use another drive (if he has one) failing that, point him in the
>>direction of a no-cd crack OR the 4.15 patch that doesnt have the copy
>>protection written into it (he'll need 4.1.4 first though iirc)
>

> Must install the 414 patch first before he can apply 415. But if patching is not that person's
> cuppa, there is always a 410 nocd crack as well. Nocd can be had at www.gamecopyworld.com.
> There is no other way to go around it failing using another drive or mounting a virtual cd
> drive. It is rubbish but, hey, that's copy-prot for you.

SI Propoganda. On my CM0304 network game I patched it properly and my
mates went straight to the 415 NOCD and it ran perfectly fine
Anonymous
December 9, 2004 1:59:22 PM

GargoyleBG wrote:
> "Chris F" <chris@asif.com> wrote in message
>
>>On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 21:26:36 +0000, Michael Fairweather
>><Mike@feathers.force9.co.uk> wrote:
>>

>>>I recently sold my CM4 on e-bay. The buyer has just mailed me with the
>>>following problem :-

>>>As I didn't experience this, can anyone offer any help with what the
>>>problem is. Anyone else see this?
>>>
>>>Thanks for any help,
>>>Cheers,
>>>Mike
>>
>>sounds like the copy-protection doesnt like his cd/dvd drive. tell him
>>to use another drive (if he has one) failing that, point him in the
>>direction of a no-cd crack OR the 4.15 patch that doesnt have the copy
>>protection written into it (he'll need 4.1.4 first though iirc)
>>--
>

> it was possible to copy the entire CD to HDD and install it from there ?

No. That requires the exact software that stops it working. Although if
you then uninstall those programs..
Anyway, go to SI forums and they'll sort it
!