Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Read STRIP password files under Windows

Tags:
Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 7:12:06 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Hi all,

I've been using STRIP to keep my passwords for years. Is there a program
that will allow me to use Windows XP to open the password database in my
Palm Desktop directory?

I know of a Perl script that will do this. But, I was looking for
something more like a Windows program.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Steven
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 7:12:07 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

On 22 Jul 2005 03:12:06 GMT, Steven Whatley
<swhatley_hal-pc_org@hotmail.com> was understood to have stated the
following:

>Hi all,
>
>I've been using STRIP to keep my passwords for years. Is there a program
>that will allow me to use Windows XP to open the password database in my
>Palm Desktop directory?
>
>I know of a Perl script that will do this. But, I was looking for
>something more like a Windows program.

I guess dragging the password database and app into POSE isn't
acceptable? Decent way to make a lot of edits to apps that don't have
desktop equivalents, if you remember to move the database back to the
physical device. :-)
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 3:29:25 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

David W. Poole, Jr. <STKR!@microsoft.com> wrote:
> On 22 Jul 2005 03:12:06 GMT, Steven Whatley
> <swhatley_hal-pc_org@hotmail.com> was understood to have stated the
> following:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>I've been using STRIP to keep my passwords for years. Is there a program
>>that will allow me to use Windows XP to open the password database in my
>>Palm Desktop directory?
>>
>>I know of a Perl script that will do this. But, I was looking for
>>something more like a Windows program.
>
> I guess dragging the password database and app into POSE isn't
> acceptable? Decent way to make a lot of edits to apps that don't have
> desktop equivalents, if you remember to move the database back to the
> physical device. :-)

That is a good idea. I already have a copy of POSE. Actually this is a
request for a friend who has a HandEre 330 whose touch screen died. I
still have a HandEre 330 that I am using to help restore is setup from a
recent backup he did. I have the HandEra-ized POSE. I can set up a copy
of POSE for him to use in the mean time.

Thanks,
Steven
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 4:27:34 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

On 22 Jul 2005 11:29:25 GMT, Steven Whatley
<swhatley_hal-pc_org@hotmail.com> was understood to have stated the
following:

>That is a good idea. I already have a copy of POSE. Actually this is a
>request for a friend who has a HandEre 330 whose touch screen died. I
>still have a HandEre 330 that I am using to help restore is setup from a
>recent backup he did. I have the HandEra-ized POSE. I can set up a copy
>of POSE for him to use in the mean time.

Even better! With the POSE he can continue to make changes to his
databases, even running it from a thumb drive if desired. After he's
replaced or repaired his physical device, he can either hotsync POSE
or export all the databases from POSE, then install them in the new or
repaired device.
!