Shakey

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

Occasionally I get strange characters on websites or in mail; example below.
Have I something set wrong or is it the originator?

"First earning fame as a witty, agile comic actress on TV, smart, leggy
beauty T?Leoni was poised for Hollywood movie stardom by the late '90s. Born
Elizabeth T?Pantaleoni and raised in New "

To see if you see the same thing its at:
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hc&id=1800021189&cf=gen&intl=us

Thank you
Mel

Your ? symbols are appearing with accented characters, like "é" (e accent), used in other languages than English. You are probably
having some trouble with one of your fonts (Arial in this case), and should try to get a new copy of that.

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server
2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"shakey" <shakey@sonic.net> wrote in message news:et4btU%23KFHA.2640@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Occasionally I get strange characters on websites or in mail; example below. Have I something set wrong or is it the originator?
>
> "First earning fame as a witty, agile comic actress on TV, smart, leggy beauty T?Leoni was poised for Hollywood movie stardom by
> the late '90s. Born Elizabeth T?Pantaleoni and raised in New "
>
> To see if you see the same thing its at:
> http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hc&id=1800021189&cf=gen&intl=us
>

> Thank you
> Mel

Shakey

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

I will work on fixing the font as you suggested. What you are seeing as a ?
here is actually showing up on the website as a oriental character.
Thanks
Mel