error message

when siging in it says {can not find\windows\inetdata\services.exe} How do I
fix it?
2 answers Last reply
More about error message

    you can try going to START / RUN and type in sfc /runnow and make sure you
    have your windows CD in the cdrom and this might verify you have the correct
    files and versions of these files. This might fix your issue. If it doesn't
    you can try booting up to the Windows XP CD and run a repair on the OS.

    Good luck

    "paula" <paula@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > when siging in it says {can not find\windows\inetdata\services.exe} How do
    > fix it?

    It looks as if a recent scan of your PC deleted some sort of
    spyware but left an entry in the registry behind. You might want
    to try the following:

    Go to Start -> Run and type msconfig in the Open box. Click OK.
    In the Startup page, look for an entry that points to that file.
    Remove the check mark.
    Close the Sytem Configuration Utility.
    Restart your PC.
    When the message pops up about starting in Diagnostice mode put a
    check mark in the box that will stop displaying this message and
    click on OK.

    To be on the safe side, you might want to run a virus scan. If
    you don't have any antispyware programs installed, I'd suggest
    you download, install, update and run both of these free
    programs:

    AdAware
    http://www.spychecker.com/program/adaware.html
    Spybot S & D
    http://www.spychecker.com/program/spybot.html

    --
    Nepatsfan
    "paula" <paula@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > when siging in it says {can not
    > find\windows\inetdata\services.exe} How do I
    > fix it?

Support Microsoft Error Message Windows XP