  • Microsoft
  • Error Message
  • Windows XP
March 18, 2005 1:23:06 PM

when siging in it says {can not find\windows\inetdata\services.exe} How do I
fix it?

More about : error message

Anonymous
March 18, 2005 4:56:11 PM

you can try going to START / RUN and type in sfc /runnow and make sure you
have your windows CD in the cdrom and this might verify you have the correct
files and versions of these files. This might fix your issue. If it doesn't
you can try booting up to the Windows XP CD and run a repair on the OS.

Good luck

"paula" <paula@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when siging in it says {can not find\windows\inetdata\services.exe} How do
> fix it?
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 6:17:39 PM

It looks as if a recent scan of your PC deleted some sort of
spyware but left an entry in the registry behind. You might want
to try the following:

Go to Start -> Run and type msconfig in the Open box. Click OK.
In the Startup page, look for an entry that points to that file.
Remove the check mark.
Close the Sytem Configuration Utility.
Restart your PC.
When the message pops up about starting in Diagnostice mode put a
check mark in the box that will stop displaying this message and
click on OK.

To be on the safe side, you might want to run a virus scan. If
you don't have any antispyware programs installed, I'd suggest
you download, install, update and run both of these free
programs:

AdAware
http://www.spychecker.com/program/adaware.html
Spybot S & D