PC Hangs On Boot Up

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

My PC is hanging during the boot process. I can get past Windiws XP Logo,
then the screen goes blank and nothing else happens (usually go to the log on
screen).
I know it is a driver / hardware issue as the Automatic Error Reporting
tells me this, BUT, it doesn't tell me which driver or the hardware is
causing the problem.
I know it isn't the memory as I've checked this with the MS memory testing
tool.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Many thanks

what you might want to try is to unhook all PCI cards and boot backup and
see what happens. Then if it boots up put each device back in one at a time.

Its worth a shot.
good luck

"Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My PC is hanging during the boot process. I can get past Windiws XP Logo,
> then the screen goes blank and nothing else happens (usually go to the log
> on
> screen).
> I know it is a driver / hardware issue as the Automatic Error Reporting
> tells me this, BUT, it doesn't tell me which driver or the hardware is
> causing the problem.
> I know it isn't the memory as I've checked this with the MS memory testing
> tool.
>
> Anyone got any suggestions?
>
> Many thanks

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I am going to try that, however, the problem doesn't happen every time!