Mozilla 1.5b Seriously F'in-up My Graphics!

Ok last night I was confused and a little worried (did I overclock one time too many? :eek: ), now I'm just PI$$ED!

I 'upgraded' to the Mozilla 1.5b BETA, and for the SECOND time in less than 24hrs it crashed (even opend up the report error page [but I couldn't read it]), forced a weird resolution (like 320x240 [couldn't tell for sure because of the next issue]) to my desktop and had verticals band beloved patriot a picket fence interlacing the info (totally F'ed up!). This has NEVER happened before and it appears to only be happening with this BETA version of Mozilla (1.5b), and only while surfing not while e-mail (at least not YET!). When I reboot, no problem. Playing games (Morrowind, Chaser MP Demo, NHL 2003) is fine, ran Aquamark again, 3Dmk03, Vulpine, Rthdribl, and Gunmetal. ALL OK! So it appears to JUST be Mozilla's beta (I had no problem with previous versions [this one I've had for ~2 weeks]).

No the card isn't heavily OC'd, it is running @ 456/318 (but it's been running stable there no prob for a while and has ALOT more overhead on it).

Anywhoo, just a heads up! I'm going to switch back to 1.4 (hey I like the form/function of the overall engine), but that's annoying. Anywhoo, just Freaked me out the first time it happened, and I thought I dodged a bullet with the quick restart, but it appears to be a software issue. Anywhooo just a head's up!

Freakin'...FAQ'n...FAK!

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil:

Yeah, but that's why I'm sharing my experience. :eek:

I tend to try all the new stuff, and buy the new stuff, and eat new things, etc. It's just my nature. But I will complain when something doesn't live up to being 'new and improved'. I know to expect glitches and such, but.. It Still Ticks me off!

But like I said, back to 1.4.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil:

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
I used Mozilla for a while Grape. Just an opinion... but I like Opera ALOT better, the GUI, the features, and it never crashes on me:) I'm not sure how it compares to Mozilla speed wise, but its certainly faster than IE in most situations [esp. if you're on 56k! or a gayed up connection at work:)]. I'm using Opera v. 7.11, I'm not sure if theres a newer one out or not.

"Mice eat cheese." - Modest Mouse

"Every Day is the Right Day." -Pink Floyd

1080jibber

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2002
Try using mozilla firebird. I've been using it for about 2 months now and am very happy. No problem with graphics at all, very stable.

antec 350w psu
xp 2000
asus a7n8x deluxe
512mb pc2100
ati radeon 9500 pro
wd 80gb caviar special edition
16x dvd
creative megaworks 550
nec fe991sb-bk

Yeah, I just like the control of mozilla, never get pop-ups (who needs pop-up killer?), taught the spam filter well. I have used opera before but had the ADD crap associated with it (it may have changed but the original bothered me), I'll put it on my laptop (where I currently run IE (for sites that reuquire an Excel plug-in) and Firebird and see. I've used Mozilla for a long time without issue, it's just this new BETA that obviously caused me issues.

I really haven't had problems before, I think it's just the beta. I did tell Mozilla.org about it, but they said without sending crash info they can't tell. I didn't bother replying "I CAN'T SEE THE CRASH REPORT SCREEN DUMBA$$!" because I thought that that wasn't being helpful. :wink:

My main reason for posting is just to let people know that this may happen to them too when using the beta.

But thanks for the suggestion, I will give it a try.

1080, yeah, I use it on my thinkpad (usually post from it when watching TV), but on my desktop I use the full version of Mozilla for the tools (debugging ironically enough). I've used Mozilla for well over a year (since first version), and this is the FIRST issue I've had. PErhaps I've BETA tested long enough, I didn't see any advanatages from 1.5, but I was lead to beleive it was more stable (schtoopid guys at TechTV!).

Oh well, back to 1.4 or Opera if it fits my needs.

BTW 1080, is that 1080 in skateboard, snowboarding or snowblading? Just curious.