Window Installer Error-Need Help

Almost everything I do in MS Office 2003 and Outlook Express - including
trying to uninstall MS Offoce 2003) generates the following "Windows
Installer" error:
"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is
unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder
containing the installation package '512.150.OUTLFLTR.msp' in the box below.
I've searched all hard drives and all my MS installation CD's for the ah heck.
Can't find it.

I've tried unregistering and re-registering msiexec. I've re-installed
msiexex, plus several other possible solutions on Microsoft's website. When
I ran the Microsoft Office update check, it came bake with a window saying:
"Office Update is unable to check for updates". It gave me a link (Microsoft
Product Support Services) which goes to a web page that is not available.

I'm going bonkers. Many features of MS Office 2003 and Outlook Express are
non-functional or require me to fight thru a series of popup erors. My Spell
Checker doesn't work, etc, etc, etc.

Desperately need help,

oldmountainman

--
oldmountainman

290301 - Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"oldmountainman" <oldmountainman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Almost everything I do in MS Office 2003 and Outlook Express - including
> trying to uninstall MS Offoce 2003) generates the following "Windows
> Installer" error:
> "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is
> unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder
> containing the installation package '512.150.OUTLFLTR.msp' in the box below.
> I've searched all hard drives and all my MS installation CD's for the ah heck.
> Can't find it.
>
> I've tried unregistering and re-registering msiexec. I've re-installed
> msiexex, plus several other possible solutions on Microsoft's website. When
> I ran the Microsoft Office update check, it came bake with a window saying:
> "Office Update is unable to check for updates". It gave me a link (Microsoft
> Product Support Services) which goes to a web page that is not available.
>
> I'm going bonkers. Many features of MS Office 2003 and Outlook Express are
> non-functional or require me to fight thru a series of popup erors. My Spell
> Checker doesn't work, etc, etc, etc.
>
> Desperately need help,
>
> oldmountainman
>
> --
> oldmountainman

Hi Mark.

Reason for delay is getting back: I've been out of town since Friday night.
I was convinced that MS AntiSpy was what cause the problem and Had run the MS
Cleanup Utility and Add/Remove. it didn't fix the problem.

The geocities links may have a solution. But, they'll take some time to
digest. Also, some might be over my head. But, I'll keep banging away. If
you or anyone else has a solution that fits my problem, please do not
hesitate to let me know. I'm convinced that while MS AntiSpy caused it, the
hang up MAS caused is in Windows Insstaller.

Many Thanks, oldmountainman

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> 290301 - Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301
>
> --
>
> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
> ..
> "oldmountainman" <oldmountainman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Almost everything I do in MS Office 2003 and Outlook Express - including
> > trying to uninstall MS Offoce 2003) generates the following "Windows
> > Installer" error:
> > "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is
> > unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder
> > containing the installation package '512.150.OUTLFLTR.msp' in the box below.
> > I've searched all hard drives and all my MS installation CD's for the ah heck.
> > Can't find it.
> >
> > I've tried unregistering and re-registering msiexec. I've re-installed
> > msiexex, plus several other possible solutions on Microsoft's website. When
> > I ran the Microsoft Office update check, it came bake with a window saying:
> > "Office Update is unable to check for updates". It gave me a link (Microsoft
> > Product Support Services) which goes to a web page that is not available.
> >
> > I'm going bonkers. Many features of MS Office 2003 and Outlook Express are
> > non-functional or require me to fight thru a series of popup erors. My Spell
> > Checker doesn't work, etc, etc, etc.
> >
> > Desperately need help,
> >
> > oldmountainman
> >
> > --
> > oldmountainman

Hi, again, Mark,

Using the MS Cleanup Utility and, then, re-installing MS Office 2003 cleared
up the problem. This was suggested by your reply and was reconfirmed by the
answer from Leo Chen to my Support Request SRZ050318002968 to Microsoft.
Apparently, it was not a Windows Installer problem. Rather is was due to MS
Office 2003 becoming corrupted. Again, thanks to you for all of the worth
while links and information.

oldmountainman