2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 14"15"
3. What screen resolution do you want? 1366x768 +
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable with decent power
5. How much battery life do you need? 4 minimum 5-6 would be nice
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? Not really mostly console
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? Photo/Video editing, school, business, music, videos, e-mail, mobile, in car, on patio, virtualbox, using with android for internet tethering, connecting to TV via HDMI,
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Minimum 500gb
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? Unknown. Could be short term and upgrade in a few months or keep for year or 2
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD-Rom
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Toshiba:I bought the L755D but am returning it this morning because Poor sound/small spacebar/no media controls/ touch pad too sticky grippy and small.
Acer , Gateway, Asus, Samsung, looks good
Lenovo: Looks good but arent sure how the quality is.
13. What country do you live in? Canada v3b 5r5 for weekly flyer
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed?
Im thinking an i5 would be suitable. keyboard must be easy to type on i have big hands, number pad is not essential. USB 3.0 would be great for fast charging of mobile on the go.
Did I see a request for resolution higher than 1366x768 a bit earlier?
You probably saw the extra cost needed for 1920x1080 LCD on 15" and 1600x900 on 14" laptops.
Lenovo is well know brand and has a reputation for superior keyboards.
That's especially true of it's Thinkpad line of laptops.
Yeah thats what i seen. My mistake i have been online for 12 hours straight. What i meant was I have never pwned any Lenovo products before and was wondering if they are good. Those Thinkpads sure look nice.
Lenovo B570 is an option but lacks USB 3.0 and Bluetooth.
It's listed battery capacity was 2200Whr - about half of what most laptops should come with. I'm actually wondering if that's some kind of mistake.
That Asus X53E is missing Bluetooth and USB 3.0.
But is does have a 56 Whr Lithium-Ion, 6 cell battery - realtively huge compared to the standard 44 Whr.
BestBuy listed the warranty as just 1yr when I believe it should read:
2-year Global / 1-year Accidental Damage / 30-Day Zero Bright Dot / 2-way FREE shipping / 24-7 tech support
I think it's between the HP Probook 4530s and Asus K53E
Probook: Anti-glare screen - USB 3.0 & Bluetooth 3.0
Asus K53: long battery life - superior warranty. (just confirm the BestBuy model has that extra protection).
Thanks for your time WR2, Im still looking however I can pay with credit card now. Im located in Canada, do you know of any good sites that can ship here? They didnt have much of a variety in store at futureshop