Task manager and Run results close

I got my pc late last year, so I don't know how it has gotten a problem
already. Whenever I press Ctrl+Alt+Del or right-click my tool bar and choose
Task manager, it only flashes the window or doesn't open it at all. Also,
when i try to run msconfig with Start>Run, the window only flashes or doesn't
show up.

(Supplemental question: Why don't I have a Floppy drive? In my computer, it
says I have a "SmartMedia (H:)" drive with a Floppy disk icon, but there is
no slot to insert one on my tower.)
2 answers Last reply
More about task manager results close

    Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_t.htm and scroll down
    to the topic titled "Task Manager - Control/Alt/Delete - Doesn't Work"

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Kelly Theriot]

    Q. "Why don't I have a Floppy drive?"

    A. Contact the manufacturer of your computer for assistance
    or read the User's Guide that came with your PC.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "�êä�L¥pÒñ" wrote:

    | I got my pc late last year, so I don't know how it has gotten a problem
    | already. Whenever I press Ctrl+Alt+Del or right-click my tool bar and choose
    | Task manager, it only flashes the window or doesn't open it at all. Also,
    | when i try to run msconfig with Start>Run, the window only flashes or doesn't
    | show up.
    |
    | (Supplemental question: Why don't I have a Floppy drive? In my computer, it
    | says I have a "SmartMedia (H:)" drive with a Floppy disk icon, but there is
    | no slot to insert one on my tower.)

    [[When you open System Configuration Utility [MSCONFIG], Registry Editor or
    Task Manager, they flash for a second and quit. This symptom is caused by
    Viruses.]]

    Task Manager, MSCONFIG, or REGEDIT disappear while opening
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/ToolsQuit.htm

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:5BDA3BE2-A068-4C42-967E-DD3F3D421E16@microsoft.com,
    �êä�L¥pÒñ <Lp@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I got my pc late last year, so I don't know how it has gotten a
    > problem already. Whenever I press Ctrl+Alt+Del or right-click my
    > tool bar and choose Task manager, it only flashes the window or
    > doesn't open it at all. Also, when i try to run msconfig with
    > Start>Run, the window only flashes or doesn't show up.
    >
    > (Supplemental question: Why don't I have a Floppy drive? In my
    > computer, it says I have a "SmartMedia (H:)" drive with a Floppy disk
    > icon, but there is no slot to insert one on my tower.)

Floppy Disk Task Manager Windows XP