  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
August 7, 2004 4:50:01 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Hey All,
Don't get too excited, I haven't found the Vectrex baseball game. I
think it was called Batter-Up or Pitcher's Duel. I am just asking if
anybody followed this game up? Has anyone heard anything more about it
lately?
Regards,

Daniel.

More about : vectrex baseball game

Anonymous
August 7, 2004 12:46:26 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

> I am just asking if
>anybody followed this game up? Has anyone heard anything more about it

This is all I've ever heard of it:

http://mail.protopages.net/pitcher.html

George
August 9, 2004 9:23:42 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Hell All,
I sent the guy an e-mail who knows the guy who reviewed Pitcher's
Duel. Here is a quote he sent back to me via e-mail.

"Basically, all I can say is that supposedly, the game will be
unveiled at the next Classic Game Expo, which is in San Jose."

He said a guy called Mr. X reviewed it. This sounds a bit dodgy! Maybe
he is pulling my leg, I'm not sure. So supposedly it will turn up at
the next Classic Game Expo in San Jose. I live in Australia so I won't
be making it to this game expo but if somebody can they might find
some further info or see the game. It's funny the things you do when
your'e bored.

Regards,

Daniel

@aol.com (GeoFury) wrote in message news:<20040807044626.29796.00002576@mb-m18.aol.com>...
> > I am just asking if
> >anybody followed this game up? Has anyone heard anything more about it
>
> This is all I've ever heard of it:
>
> http://mail.protopages.net/pitcher.html
>
> George
Anonymous
August 10, 2004 2:51:07 AM

Daniel wrote:

> "Basically, all I can say is that supposedly, the game will be
> unveiled at the next Classic Game Expo, which is in San Jose."
>
> He said a guy called Mr. X reviewed it. This sounds a bit dodgy! Maybe
> he is pulling my leg, I'm not sure. So supposedly it will turn up at
> the next Classic Game Expo in San Jose. I live in Australia so I won't
> be making it to this game expo but if somebody can they might find
> some further info or see the game.

I'll be at the Classic Gaming Expo in San Jose on August 21-22.
I'll be on the look-out for it.

Quenching my Vectrex thirst,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug
Anonymous
August 23, 2004 11:57:21 AM

rbernardo@value.net (Robert Bernardo) wrote in message news:<f890d44d.0408092151.7246c7c9@posting.google.com>...
> Daniel wrote:
>
> > "Basically, all I can say is that supposedly, the game will be
> > unveiled at the next Classic Game Expo, which is in San Jose."
> >
> > He said a guy called Mr. X reviewed it. This sounds a bit dodgy! Maybe
> > he is pulling my leg, I'm not sure. So supposedly it will turn up at
> > the next Classic Game Expo in San Jose. I live in Australia so I won't
> > be making it to this game expo but if somebody can they might find
> > some further info or see the game.
>
> I'll be at the Classic Gaming Expo in San Jose on August 21-22.
> I'll be on the look-out for it.
>
> Quenching my Vectrex thirst,
> Robert Bernardo
> Fresno Commodore User Group
> http://videocam.net.au/fcug

I currently have the DVE on my home computer, and I was wondering when
the DVE dump for "Pitcher's Duel" would be available for download in
relation to the "final" release of the game itself.

Brandon Taylor
Anonymous
August 24, 2004 1:39:22 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

>>when the DVE dump for "Pitcher's Duel" would be available for download in relation to the "final" release of the game itself.<<

All is rumor .. no one here has seen the game in action.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

> Brandon Taylor
Anonymous
August 25, 2004 5:54:35 AM

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, Rob Mitchell wrote:

> All is rumor .. no one here has seen the game in action.

I didn't see any such cartridge at last weekend's Classic Gaming
Expo.

But I did see a Vectrex running
with LCD-shuttered glasses,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug
Anonymous
August 25, 2004 6:16:57 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

The LCD glasses were part of my items out on the floor. Hope you had a
chance to enjoy.

Same for the Virtual Boy. If anyone was left in an epileptic mess on the
floor, well I don't apologize. It's one of the risks you take playing
videogames! ;-)

As for Pitcher's Duel I can tell you all it is 100% real. I had hoped the
game would be brought at CGExpo as well. Timing, workload, parts inventory,
and I think cost as well all added up to a later release date. Until it is
released I know the game is in good hands.

Chris Romero

As for the
"Robert Bernardo" <rbernardo@iglou.com> wrote in message
news:p ine.GSO.4.60.0408250152310.17277@shell1...
> On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, Rob Mitchell wrote:
>
> > All is rumor .. no one here has seen the game in action.
>
> I didn't see any such cartridge at last weekend's Classic Gaming
> Expo.
>
> But I did see a Vectrex running
> with LCD-shuttered glasses,
> Robert Bernardo
> Fresno Commodore User Group
> http://videocam.net.au/fcug
Anonymous
August 27, 2004 3:43:14 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

> As for Pitcher's Duel I can tell you all it is 100% real. I had hoped the
> game would be brought at CGExpo as well. Timing, workload, parts inventory,
> and I think cost as well all added up to a later release date. Until it is
> released I know the game is in good hands.
> Chris Romero

Wow, nice. Thanks for the heads up, Chris.
I guess I should update VGDB soon, there's bunch of new stuff missing...
Busybusybusy :-/

Manu
!