"Yet another game cartridge": A query.

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Hi.

Does anyone know the pin-pitch of the cartridge port, and how
long/wide the fingers should be for a good contact?

Thanks,
Duncan.
2 answers Last reply
More about game cartridge query
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

    From memory - 2.54mm

    8mm long fingers will be OK

    BTW What are you making ?

    Richard H.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

    In article <41166cc3$0$20250$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com>,
    "Richard Hutchinson" <richard.hutchinson@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

    > From memory - 2.54mm
    > 8mm long fingers will be OK

    I guessed it might be 0.1 inches - thanks.

    > BTW What are you making ?

    Nothing exciting I'm afraid :-) I'm just making myself a multicart using
    an Atmel microcontroller and a multi-media card.

    I know a MMC will have way too much room on it, but I'm planning on
    using the project to learn how to access such a card, and use this
    particular microcontroller (I've never used an Atmel before).

    Thanks,
    Duncan.

Console Gaming Games Video Games