problem in launching control panel & windows explorer

nothing happen after clicking on the control panel or on the windows explorer
programs, even if i try to open them through the start menu. i've tryed to
fix that problem running those registry-healer-kind of programs, but it
didn't work. also, after having installed the SP2 i started having problems
in using some web-page- shortcuts (e.g. i can't access this "question page"
through my computer, although "microsoft*.* is set as secure sites). i've
already tryed to turn off the firewall, but...
does someone can help me with?
tks and rgds,
jjz

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server
2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"jjz" <jjz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA784E76-8FDA-45DA-9E96-F31217136B99@microsoft.com...
> nothing happen after clicking on the control panel or on the windows explorer
> programs, even if i try to open them through the start menu. i've tryed to
> fix that problem running those registry-healer-kind of programs, but it
> didn't work. also, after having installed the SP2 i started having problems
> in using some web-page- shortcuts (e.g. i can't access this "question page"
> through my computer, although "microsoft*.* is set as secure sites). i've
> already tryed to turn off the firewall, but...
> does someone can help me with?
> tks and rgds,
> jjz

tks Mark, but unfortunately it didn't work. i've tried it twice but i'm still
with the same problem. the only difference is that now the hourglass icon
appears for some seconds after me clicking in the control panel program.
also, i'm still not able to use those shortcuts in the web sites like that
one to reply your message: "shortcut to javascript:fnNewReply()". i receveid
an "error on page" message. any other clue?
tks and rgds,
jjz

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server
> 2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )
>
> --
>
> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
> ..
> "jjz" <jjz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA784E76-8FDA-45DA-9E96-F31217136B99@microsoft.com...
> > nothing happen after clicking on the control panel or on the windows explorer
> > programs, even if i try to open them through the start menu. i've tryed to
> > fix that problem running those registry-healer-kind of programs, but it
> > didn't work. also, after having installed the SP2 i started having problems
> > in using some web-page- shortcuts (e.g. i can't access this "question page"
> > through my computer, although "microsoft*.* is set as secure sites). i've
> > already tryed to turn off the firewall, but...
> > does someone can help me with?
> > tks and rgds,
> > jjz

If you run an XP "Upgrade"setup, from the original, or "Gold" version of the setup CD, and you have SP2 installed, it might go into
a setup loop, and you could lose your install. Uninstall SP2, BEFORE you Upgrade setup from CD (that lacks sp2 on it.)
875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350 How to
Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
--

"jjz" <jjz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C4D9BCF-2EDD-4409-BA5D-B370AEFB8719@microsoft.com...
> tks Mark, but unfortunately it didn't work. i've tried it twice but i'm still
> with the same problem. the only difference is that now the hourglass icon
> appears for some seconds after me clicking in the control panel program.
> also, i'm still not able to use those shortcuts in the web sites like that
> one to reply your message: "shortcut to javascript:fnNewReply()". i receveid
> an "error on page" message. any other clue?
> tks and rgds,
> jjz
>

> "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
>
>> To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows
>> Server
>> 2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )
>>
>> --
>>
>> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
>> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
>> marfers notes for windows xp http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
>> ..
>> "jjz" <jjz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA784E76-8FDA-45DA-9E96-F31217136B99@microsoft.com...
>> > nothing happen after clicking on the control panel or on the windows explorer
>> > programs, even if i try to open them through the start menu. i've tryed to
>> > fix that problem running those registry-healer-kind of programs, but it
>> > didn't work. also, after having installed the SP2 i started having problems
>> > in using some web-page- shortcuts (e.g. i can't access this "question page"
>> > through my computer, although "microsoft*.* is set as secure sites). i've
>> > already tryed to turn off the firewall, but...
>> > does someone can help me with?
>> > tks and rgds,
>> > jjz

i must have done something wrong... i've uninstalled the SP2 from my computer
and then i run SFC /SCANNOW, but the problem remains.
jjz

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> If you run an XP "Upgrade"setup, from the original, or "Gold" version of the setup CD, and you have SP2 installed, it might go into
> a setup loop, and you could lose your install. Uninstall SP2, BEFORE you Upgrade setup from CD (that lacks sp2 on it.)
> 875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350 How to
> Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
> --
>
> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
> ..
> "jjz" <jjz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C4D9BCF-2EDD-4409-BA5D-B370AEFB8719@microsoft.com...
> > tks Mark, but unfortunately it didn't work. i've tried it twice but i'm still
> > with the same problem. the only difference is that now the hourglass icon
> > appears for some seconds after me clicking in the control panel program.
> > also, i'm still not able to use those shortcuts in the web sites like that
> > one to reply your message: "shortcut to javascript:fnNewReply()". i receveid
> > an "error on page" message. any other clue?
> > tks and rgds,
> > jjz
> >

> > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
> >
> >> To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows
> >> Server
> >> 2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
> >> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
> >> http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
> >> marfers notes for windows xp http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
> >> ..

If you cannot Repair your system, there isn't much other choice than to rebuild it.