Registry won't open

I have tried every way I know to open my system registry with no
success. I click on the icon and the registry opens for a brief second
before vanishing. I have went on as the admin and it still does the
same thing. I also tried typing regedit in the "Run" program and still
get the same thing. Any ideas anyone?

--
Cho

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005, Cho <Cho.1m451m@pcbanter.net> wrote:
>I have tried every way I know to open my system registry with no
>success. I click on the icon and the registry opens for a brief second
>before vanishing. I have went on as the admin and it still does the
>same thing. I also tried typing regedit in the "Run" program and still
>get the same thing. Any ideas anyone?

That is MOST LIKELY because you are infected with spyware or virus,
and whatever has infected you has disabled registry editing

If your computer is infected with a virus, removal tools here
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/tools.list.html
Or spyware removal spybot -- http://www.safer-networking.org
Another spyware remove ad-aware -- http://www.lavasoftusa.com

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

[[When you open System Configuration Utility [MSCONFIG], Registry Editor or
Task Manager, they flash for a second and quit. This symptom is caused by
Viruses.]]

Task Manager, MSCONFIG, or REGEDIT disappear while opening
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/ToolsQuit.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes