neverwinter nights problem

worleybird182

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2002
hey guys, i just posted this over at bioware.com to get some help but i thought i would post here to cause i always seem to get my problems solved here too. the problem is that the game will freeze and sound will repeat i tried everything here in both version 1.10 and now 1.23. I disabled fastwrites, when from 4x to 2x AGP, lowered my graphics down some, Im using windows xp right now and before i installed winxp i did a format and using standard pc cuz i was have stability problems with ACPI sharing irqs so my sound card and graphics card are on different irqs, I did this registry edit that microsoft had at there site for AGP to hang in some programs/games. Im running an amd thunderbird socket A 700mhz, soundblaster x-game with 5.1.2603 drivers, i have tried previously drivers like 5.1.2602 and also the ones at creative.com, i have a geforce 4200 gainward 64MB using the 30.82 drivers and i have the latest via 4in142 drivers i think it was and i still get the same problem and also i have an antec 400 watt power supply and other games like jedi knight 2 run great and dungeon siege. Any suggestions would be appreciate since i havent been able to play this game longer than 5 minutes since i got it early august. Thanks

Tomlin

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2002
I don't know if you have but you might want to try disabling EAX in game under the sound options.

I've seen a few games where having EAX on will cause some major stability issues.

Hope that helps :)

grassapa

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
do u have an illegal copy of winxp or nwn?
does it freeze and makes you reboot or can u do a 3 finger salute combo to get back to winxp again?
did you overclock anything? if you did, set everything to its normal clock.
try the new detonator 4 drivers...
check for overheating problems...
you dont have to disable anything or lower anything, it should run fine with ur setup...set everything to its default.

--------------------------------------------------
My computer is so fast it proves the theory of relativity wrong... :eek: <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by grassapa on 09/02/02 01:12 PM.</EM></FONT></P>