Folders open automacitally at startup

Ben

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

When I turn on my PC a folder (same folder) always opens on the Desktop.
This happens everything.

Does anyone know why this happens? And, how to stop it from doing it?

Thanks Ben

"Ben" <bswong@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> When I turn on my PC a folder (same folder) always opens on the
> Desktop.
> This happens everything.
>
> Does anyone know why this happens? And, how to stop it from doing
> it?
>
> Thanks Ben

Create a shortcut to any folder and then drag it into you Startup
folder on your: "start button | All Programs | Startup" and it will
open every time windows starts. So check in the startup folder.

map

"Ben" wrote:

> When I turn on my PC a folder (same folder) always opens on the Desktop.
> This happens everything.
>
> Does anyone know why this happens? And, how to stop it from doing it?
>
> Thanks Ben

What folder is it?
There are a couple of registry edits for this problem one for the system32
folder and one for "my documents folder" here: