I NEED HELP

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Okay, here's my scenario:

I really, really want to get started programming my own games for the
Vectrex -- well, actually, for my DVE -- but I don't even know a thing
about C! Can anyone out there tell me about a good place to get
started with C?

If there's anyone who can -- anyone at all -- I will gladly pay him
dearly with my life.

Brandon Taylor

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 15:13:05 -0700, donnie126_2002@hotmail.com wrote:

> Okay, here's my scenario:
>
> I really, really want to get started programming my own games for the
> Vectrex -- well, actually, for my DVE -- but I don't even know a thing
> about C! Can anyone out there tell me about a good place to get
> started with C?
>
> If there's anyone who can -- anyone at all -- I will gladly pay him
> dearly with my life.

I know C and C isn't really what you need to learn to program the veccy,
you need to learn m6809 assembly.

IF you are intent on learning C I found the Deitel & Deitel Books to be a
good text if you read the chapters a few times and do all the exercises at
the end of the chapters.

unclefreddy <unclefreddy@jerky.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 15:13:05 -0700, donnie126_2002@hotmail.com wrote:
> > I really, really want to get started programming my own games for the
> > Vectrex -- well, actually, for my DVE -- but I don't even know a thing
> > about C! Can anyone out there tell me about a good place to get
> > started with C?

Sure, find a book on programming C!

> I know C and C isn't really what you need to learn to program the veccy,
> you need to learn m6809 assembly.

Though there's a whole lot of truth to that, there IS a C compiler
for Vectrex, and I assume that's what he's after.
|| Russ Perry Jr 2175 S Tonne Dr #114 Arlington Hts IL 60005 ||
|| 847-952-9729 slapdash@rcn.com [NEW!] VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR! ||

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 23:36:59 -0500, Russ Perry Jr wrote:

> unclefreddy <unclefreddy@jerky.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 15:13:05 -0700, donnie126_2002@hotmail.com wrote:
>> > I really, really want to get started programming my own games for the
>> > Vectrex -- well, actually, for my DVE -- but I don't even know a thing
>> > about C! Can anyone out there tell me about a good place to get
>> > started with C?
>
> Sure, find a book on programming C!
>
>> I know C and C isn't really what you need to learn to program the veccy,
>> you need to learn m6809 assembly.
>
> Though there's a whole lot of truth to that, there IS a C compiler
> for Vectrex, and I assume that's what he's after.

yeah the C compiler is a waste of time though unfortunately; although I
prototyped a couple games using it I fear it's no where near polished
enough to do games with. I gotta get back to programming the veccy someday
bleh.