Server Service Missing - HELP!!!!!

Have I got a good one. Running Windows XP with SP-2 on a MSI K8N Neo4
Platinum with an ADM 64 3000+ and 1GB of Corsair XMS Twins RAM.
Everything was humming along fine and as near as I can figure the last
application to be installed was Netscape with Real Audio. After that Fast
User Switching would not work and the event logs tell me that the Server
Service did not start and when I went to Services and Applications I have
no Server Service.

Let ma say that again I have no Server service. How did that happen and
how do I fix that.

Jim

Start | Run | Type: ncpa.cpl | OK |
Right click Your Connection | Properties |General tab |
Install button | Highlight: Service | Add button |
Highlight: File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks | OK |
Close

Server
[[Used for file and print sharing from your computer or Message Queuing. For
security purposes, you may disable this service if you do not require local
printers and files shared across your network. Connectivity, however, still
exists even on incoming shared network drives. Workstation needs to be
running to connect to another computer that has the files you are looking
for. Note: If you disable File and Print sharing, the Server Service may
disappear from the Services listing. Just enable File and Print sharing
again and the Server Service will return.]]
http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/service411.htm#Server

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:Xns961DB63E14467yoyocom@68.6.19.6,
jimrski <jimrski@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> Have I got a good one. Running Windows XP with SP-2 on a MSI K8N
> Neo4 Platinum with an ADM 64 3000+ and 1GB of Corsair XMS Twins RAM.
> Everything was humming along fine and as near as I can figure the
> last application to be installed was Netscape with Real Audio. After
> that Fast User Switching would not work and the event logs tell me
> that the Server Service did not start and when I went to Services and
> Applications I have no Server Service.
>
> Let ma say that again I have no Server service. How did that
> happen and how do I fix that.
>
> Jim

adytmro

Start | Run | Type: ncpa.cpl | OK |
Right click Your Connection | Properties |General tab |
Install button | Highlight: Service | Add button |
Highlight: File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks | OK |
Close

It is working like charm.

Thanks,