Server Service Missing - HELP!!!!!

Have I got a good one. Running Windows XP with SP-2 on a MSI K8N Neo4
Platinum with an ADM 64 3000+ and 1GB of Corsair XMS Twins RAM.
Everything was humming along fine and as near as I can figure the last
application to be installed was Netscape with Real Audio. After that Fast
User Switching would not work and the event logs tell me that the Server
Service did not start and when I went to Services and Applications I have
no Server Service.

Let ma say that again I have no Server service. How did that happen and
how do I fix that.

Jim
2 answers Last reply
More about server service missing help

    Start | Run | Type: ncpa.cpl | OK |
    Right click Your Connection | Properties |General tab |
    Install button | Highlight: Service | Add button |
    Highlight: File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks | OK |
    Close

    Server
    [[Used for file and print sharing from your computer or Message Queuing. For
    security purposes, you may disable this service if you do not require local
    printers and files shared across your network. Connectivity, however, still
    exists even on incoming shared network drives. Workstation needs to be
    running to connect to another computer that has the files you are looking
    for. Note: If you disable File and Print sharing, the Server Service may
    disappear from the Services listing. Just enable File and Print sharing
    again and the Server Service will return.]]
    http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/service411.htm#Server

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:Xns961DB63E14467yoyocom@68.6.19.6,
    jimrski <jimrski@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Have I got a good one. Running Windows XP with SP-2 on a MSI K8N
    > Neo4 Platinum with an ADM 64 3000+ and 1GB of Corsair XMS Twins RAM.
    > Everything was humming along fine and as near as I can figure the
    > last application to be installed was Netscape with Real Audio. After
    > that Fast User Switching would not work and the event logs tell me
    > that the Server Service did not start and when I went to Services and
    > Applications I have no Server Service.
    >
    > Let ma say that again I have no Server service. How did that
    > happen and how do I fix that.
    >
    > Jim
  2. Quote:
    Start | Run | Type: ncpa.cpl | OK |
    Right click Your Connection | Properties |General tab |
    Install button | Highlight: Service | Add button |
    Highlight: File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks | OK |
    Close

    It is working like charm.

    Thanks,

Servers Windows XP