error message

Every 3 or 4 days, when I log back in after the computer has been on standby,
I have an error message that says: "Unable to launch restart.exe"

Most of my desktop has disappeared, and I am unable to restart my computer
unless I turn it off. Everything is back to normal after the restart, but it
is getting quite annoying. Any ideas??
1 answer Last reply
More about error message

    Try Google and search for "restart.exe", without the " ". You may have an
    infected machine.

    "dsb0828" wrote:

    > Every 3 or 4 days, when I log back in after the computer has been on standby,
    > I have an error message that says: "Unable to launch restart.exe"
    >
    > Most of my desktop has disappeared, and I am unable to restart my computer
    > unless I turn it off. Everything is back to normal after the restart, but it
    > is getting quite annoying. Any ideas??

Computers Microsoft Error Message Windows XP