Problems loading CD-ROMS

I've been trying to load SimCity 3000 and Action Replay CDs on my XP but with
both of them I get a error that reads

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG.NT. The system file is not suitable for running
MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'close' to terminate the
application.

While SimCity is older, the Action Replay disk is not. Any advice? Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about problems loading roms

    Seems to be an epidemic lately....

    This can be caused by a trojan.

    Get rid of the trojan.

    Update your antivirus software and run a full system scan.

    Copy the autoexec.nt file from C:\Windows\Repair to C:\Windows\System32.
    And set Attributes for autoexec.nt to Read-only.

    Read-only
    [[Specifies whether this file is read-only, which means that it cannot be
    changed or accidentally deleted.]]

    1. Right click the file.
    2. Properties.
    3. Select: ? Read-only.
    4. Click: Apply.
    5. Click: OK.

    16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem error while installing or running a DOS application
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/16bit.htm

    MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based program Error Message
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm#16bit

    Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based
    program
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:B8E54AE5-3733-4FCA-9118-47BBF2DE5890@microsoft.com,
    SouthernIndiana <SouthernIndiana@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and
    pecked:
    > I've been trying to load SimCity 3000 and Action Replay CDs on my XP
    > but with both of them I get a error that reads
    >
    > C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG.NT. The system file is not suitable for
    > running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'close' to
    > terminate the application.
    >
    > While SimCity is older, the Action Replay disk is not. Any advice?
    > Thanks!

Microsoft CD-Rom Windows XP