Remote Desktop Connection

I've configured a computer to accept Remote Desktop Connection using LAN.
Then I've moved the computer to another location (different LAN and
different workgroup) where it has an internet connection. Finally, I tried
to access this computer using Remote Desktop Connection over internet
without success.

I 've writen internet connection IP address of the distant computer in
"Computer" Field, name, password, and the last field "Domain" contains PC
name.

I tried to get any recipe on Microsoft site for beginers configuring R.D.C.
with internet but found only vague references.
What are necessary configurations to use Remote Desktop Connection over
internet?

Thank you
Nicolas Poirier

Hi,

Make sure port forwarding for 3389 is pointing to the IP of the machine
being accessed if it is behind a router. When you attempt to contact it, you
need to use the IP of the router's external connection.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Nicolas Poirier" <adlc@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> I've configured a computer to accept Remote Desktop Connection using LAN.
> Then I've moved the computer to another location (different LAN and
> different workgroup) where it has an internet connection. Finally, I tried
> to access this computer using Remote Desktop Connection over internet
> without success.
>
> I 've writen internet connection IP address of the distant computer in
> "Computer" Field, name, password, and the last field "Domain" contains PC
> name.
>
> I tried to get any recipe on Microsoft site for beginers configuring
> R.D.C.
> with internet but found only vague references.
> What are necessary configurations to use Remote Desktop Connection over
> internet?
>
> Thank you
> Nicolas Poirier

It was a firewall configuration
Thank You

"Nicolas Poirier" <adlc@sympatico.ca> a écrit dans le message de
> I've configured a computer to accept Remote Desktop Connection using LAN.
> Then I've moved the computer to another location (different LAN and
> different workgroup) where it has an internet connection. Finally, I tried
> to access this computer using Remote Desktop Connection over internet
> without success.
>
> I 've writen internet connection IP address of the distant computer in
> "Computer" Field, name, password, and the last field "Domain" contains PC
> name.
>
> I tried to get any recipe on Microsoft site for beginers configuring
R.D.C.
> with internet but found only vague references.
> What are necessary configurations to use Remote Desktop Connection over
> internet?
>
> Thank you
> Nicolas Poirier

TRENDING THREADS