cge 2004

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

So, what were everyone's thoughts on CGE in San Jose? Anyone catch the
keynote of Woz or the fairchild channel F?

orion105@webtv.net (orion105) wrote:
> So, what were everyone's thoughts on CGE in San Jose? Anyone catch the
> keynote of Woz or the fairchild channel F?

Caught both... I really wanted to talk to Woz, and ask him if he
knew about the VTech laptop that had Apple ][ software on cartridge,
but though I stood next to him for minutes, I only got to see others
have photos taken and Woz walk away, grr.

Jerry Lawson of Fairchild was extremely entertaining, but I fear
he won't make it to many more Expos... Shame.
|| Russ Perry Jr 2175 S Tonne Dr #114 Arlington Hts IL 60005 ||
|| 847-952-9729 slapdash@rcn.com [NEW!] VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR! ||

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004, orion105 wrote:

> So, what were everyone's thoughts on CGE in San Jose?

Our table made a small profit. As usual, I didn't go through
the gaming museum or get to see any of the speakers (except Woz), because
I was stuck behind the table. Table set-up on Saturday morning was a
bear, but take-down on Sunday afternoon went smoothly. Lots of
interesting gamers. Nice vendor neighbors. After the show, went to San
Francisco to see Warp 11 in concert (and some other CGEgoers were there,
too).

> Anyone catch the keynote of Woz or the fairchild channel F?

I videotaped most of Wozniak's talk. Nice guy.

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Why will he not make it to more expos? Is he dying? Or because he is in
bad shape? Any way to email him? I sent you that CGE article recently,
that's me.

James

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

[re: Jerry Lawson of Fairchild]

orion105@webtv.net wrote:
> Why will he not make it to more expos? Is he dying? Or because
> he is in bad shape?

His health obviously wasn't the best, and because it's diabetes
related, I can't say that I'd expect it to get much better. So
while I wouldn't say "he's dying", I don't expect him to be able
to attend many more. It was awesome seeing him though, as you
don't get to hear much about the guys working for systems other
than Atari, Intellivision and Vectrex.
|| Russ Perry Jr 2175 S Tonne Dr #114 Arlington Hts IL 60005 ||
|| 847-952-9729 slapdash@rcn.com [NEW!] VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR! ||

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Anyone want to swap footage? I have some video on DVD of Jerry Lawson
and Billy Mitchell telling their tales, but don't have the Woz speech.
James

> Anyone catch the keynote of Woz or the fairchild channel F?

I videotaped most of Wozniak's talk. Nice guy.

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

I desperately want to get the entire speech of Mike Rounds (the Entex
guy). Audio is acceptable, but I'd really love to get a copy of video
of this... Does anyone have that? Unfortunately I wasn't able to
tape anything, so I don't have much to offer, but I'd really like to
get the information he talked about...

(Anyone have the power point presentation he used?)

Thanks, Rik

(Send Email to:
rik1138
[the at sign]
yahoo
[a period]
c0m

On 20 Oct 2004 10:47:35 -0700, orion105@webtv.net (orion105) wrote:

>Anyone want to swap footage? I have some video on DVD of Jerry Lawson
>and Billy Mitchell telling their tales, but don't have the Woz speech.
>James
>

>> Anyone catch the keynote of Woz or the fairchild channel F?
>
> I videotaped most of Wozniak's talk. Nice guy.
>
> Truly,
> Robert Bernardo
> Fresno Commodore User Group

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Anybody else got footage to swap? I got Jerry Lawson and Billy
Mitchell, NOT from the keynotes. It's on a DVD. Looking for
activision, atari, channel f keynotes.

James

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex,alt.usenet.kooks (More info?)

Yeah, what??