Am i pissed off? OH YA!

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
Yes i'm pissed off. why? cause i can't stand you people here.
I have seen atleast 20 thread asking
"which video card should i get? i only have a $100"
STUPID PEOPLE WILL REPLY
"get a R9600pro, it's more future proof"
or
"get a Ti4200 but GET A R9600PRO CAUSE IT's F***ing FUTURE PROOF"
EXPLAIN TO ME PEOPLE? WHAT THE F*** is FUTURE PROOF?
NOTHING IS FUTURE PROOF IN THE WORLD OF GAMING. I can't stand you people blabing on about how FUTURE PROOF the R9600pro and the R9700 are.

First of all, when people ask for budget cards THEY MEAN THEY WANT TO GET BUDGET CARDS, IT DOESN'T MEAN THEIR LOOKING FOR "FUTURE PROOF" cards. Who cares if a Ti4200 isn't future proof, i'm sorry guy not everyone lives in US not everyone can buy from newegg not everyone can afford 9600pros, what is it with u people, SERIOUSLY.In Canada Ti4200 are consider mid to high end cards, why? cause they still cost $200CAD for a good brand like ASUS. You people blabing on about how good and FUTURE PROOF R9600pro is, and half of them hasn't even seen one in action. I'm sorry guys NOT EVERYONE CAN AFFORD THESE EXPENSIVE CARDS, YES THEY ARE EXPENSIVE, so next when someone is asking "i need to get a cheap/budget card or i have $100 what card should i get" recommand cards in that category, dont bs about how good R9600pro is, we know it's good, but we're not buying it are we?

second, and this pisses me off soo bad. I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW PEOPLE THINKS R9600pro/9700/9800 are FUTURE PROOF. I freaking hate the word FUTURE PROOF. I bought a $1500 CAD system and i thought it was "FUTURE PROOF" guess what? i just spend $800CAD upgrade the POS. We have people thinking that if u dont get a R9600 your gonna play HL2 and Doom3 and slow as ever framerates and it'll be like a slideshow. OMG people, there are people going to play HL2 with TNT2 out there, why are u worrying about if ur Ti4200 will run HL2 or not? FUTURE PROOF video cards are about the biggest BS i hear from the forum. Sure it FUTURE PROOF, but HOW LONG? 10, 11 months? Stop thinking your video card will play games at mid 2005 at 50FPS smoothly cause it's not gonna happen.

Wake up you people, ATi is good, ATi is not god, if nVidia starts working their ass off, they'll kill ATi before u can even help it. geez you people

Proud Owner the Block Heater
120% nVidia Fanboy
PROUD OWNER OF THE GEFORCE FX 5900ULTRA <-- I wish this was me
I'd get a nVidia GeForce FX 5900Ultra... if THEY WOULD CHANGE THAT #()#@ HSF

darko21

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2003
Coolsquirtle,
Sounds like this post is directed towards me... First let me appologise.. the guy did ask for a card under 100 bucks (US I'm asumming) and I did reccomend the ti4200 first... The 9600pro is more future proof.. (future proof no!!!!! but more future proof yes) DX9 is not a posibility it is the future (just like FUTUREmark2003) The radeons 9500 and up are hardware enabled to support DX9 unlike any fx chip..
Can you not accept this or is the world really against you?

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Well everything is relative yes?
You dont get MUCH future proofing with a medium to low end game.
At some point the games are just going to be so shitty you need a new card.

The better the card the longer it will last for getting semi-decent framerates.

Oh and you need to take some rialitin mate... chill out dood!

<b>I am not a AMD fanboy.
I am not a Via fanboy.
I am not a ATI fanboy.
I AM a performance fanboy.
And a low price fanboy. :smile:
Regards,
Mr no integrity coward.</b>

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
darko21 it's not towards u, u were just the last person i saw posting this stuff before i blow up. So don't feel sorry, it's not pointed towards u at all.

Proud Owner the Block Heater
120% nVidia Fanboy
PROUD OWNER OF THE GEFORCE FX 5900ULTRA <-- I wish this was me
I'd get a nVidia GeForce FX 5900Ultra... if THEY WOULD CHANGE THAT #()#@ HSF

The R9600P IS more future proof. DX9 = the future. R9600P vs. All of nV's lineup in DX9, the R9600P wins, therefore it's 'more' future proof. Would you prefere future resilient? Future resistant would have to be the FX line which is trying to resist/rewrite standards of the future. Is anything truely futureproof? Of course not but it's a common term here for more useable in futuregames.

Just my 2 frames worth... AS an R9600P owner. :cool:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil:

speeduk

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2003
On the future proofing note. Over a year ago I got a 9700pro. And today I'm still using a 9700pro and probably will be 6 months time from now. Yeah it did cost a lot then but thats not my point... Just got Jedi Academy and run it at 4x anti and 8x ani with super smooth frame rates.

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7000747" target="_new"> 3D-2001 </A>
<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=1284380" target="_new"> 3D-03 </A>
<font color=red> 120% overclocker </font color=red> (cheapskate)

RCPilot

Champion
That's how I future proof myself. When I buy a vid. card, I buy the biggest on the block. Last one was a TI4600. They last longer IMO & it's farther in between getting a new one. The one before that was GF2 Ultra.

I'm conformable waiting until after HL2 & Doom 3 have been out for awhile before I'll change. Who knows what card will be the best then. Yea, I won't have DX9 capabilities, but I'll be able to play it.

Dazzle them with Brilliance, or Baffle them with BS! :wink:

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
Woah CoolSquirtle, everything will be fine man. The Ti4200 might be an exceptional card for only under $100, but I often suggest the Radeon 9600 Pro as an alternative. I had no idea that Canadian Prices were so high on the other cards. From now on, I'll pay more attention to where people are from instead of assuming that U.S. prices are closely proportional to foreign prices. Anywayz, I didn't expect to see you blow up at everyone. You're usually pretty calm except when we pretend to bash each other. :lol:

But for people living in the US, the Radeon 9600 Pro is still a decent alternative to the Ti4200. In most cases I do usually suggest an either/or situation like: A Ti4200 will offer exceptional performance for under $100, but get the 9600 Pro if you are able to afford it becuase it offers DirectX 9. With that said, the prospective buyer of a budget/lower mid-range segment is left with 2 viable options and the choice to be made on which one is his decision. Usually the decision is boiled down to the price range their looking for, but sometimes its influenced by brand loyalty, so we have both an ATi and Nvidia card in the mix.

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
did i read that post? GOD NO

-------

<A HREF="http://www.teenirc.net/chat/tomshardware.html" target="_new"> come to THGC chat~ NOW. dont make me get up ffs @#@$</A>

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
Hey dude, I left you a PM last night, I was wondering if you received it.

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!

speeduk

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2003
WOW I just tried 6x anti and 16x anis and it still runs super smooth! Only time it slows down is when I turn on volumetric shodows...ouch! But the textures are amazing, even for the quake 3 engine. God knows what HL2 will look like with some anti and ani on it....

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7000747" target="_new"> 3D-2001 </A>
<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=1284380" target="_new"> 3D-03 </A>
<font color=red> 120% overclocker </font color=red> (cheapskate)

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
Speaking of Half-Life 2, I just downloaded the 600 meg video file 2 days ago from gamespy, and man! THe gameplay looks AWESOME! If you haven't seen Gamespy's exclusive Half-Life 2 gameplay footage, your missing out on a real treat. The screenshots were just no longer enough to hold me over. I've probably seen the whole video in its entirety about 4 or 5 times now and its 25 minutes long.

redstar

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2001
heh, can you be any more repetitive?

but the last line:

"Wake up you people, ATi is good, ATi is not god, if nVidia starts working their ass off, they'll kill ATi before u can even help it. geez you people"

seriously...lol. You complain about people predicting some of these cards now will last well into the future.
Yet here you are predicting that nvidia will kick ATI's butt (if they get busy) ...in the future.

lets get off the whole nvidia vs ATi thing... people want the best price/performance. Its that simple.

And i don't mind people telling others they should forget the budget card ...i mean if they want to do gaming ..a budget card will only end up disappointing them.

In the end, its the buyer's choice on what advice they choose to consider.

UFO, actually Canadian prices aren't that bad, actually here sometimes a GF4ti sells for more than the R9600P (because retailers don't understand the concept of depreciation).

The price diff. is not sig. different from the US verging on the 40-50% that we see between the GF4ti and R9600P.

In the end it's not a questin of being able to play a game period it's a question of having everything the future can offer you. Sure it may only be at 20FPS with everything turned on, but there is that option, and in DX9 titles, with the srttings on equal foting the R9600P and GF4ti will perform the same but the R9600Pwill look better.
Call it what you will the GF4 is old tech, the R9600 is new tech, and both will be obsolete sometime, I just think the R9600P will hit that wall AFTER the GF4, even if it's only months later.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil:

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
I buy budget cards and I have yet to be dissapointed with gaming performance. Sure, more expensive cards are better and more preferable if you can afford them, but there is usually 1 or 2 cards that stand out in the budget category out of the whole barrel of crap cards that are actually worth their value price for budget gamers. Currently, The GF4Ti is one of them & the Radeon 9600 is the other.

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
I would have to agree 100%. The GF4 Ti is indeed older technology, but far from what I consider ancient. That's why I always say "GF4 TI 4200 is good, but get the Radeon 9600 Pro if you can afford it and want better visuals".

Yeah don't get me wrong, the GF4ti is good for it's price range, but that's just it. I'm not saying it's a bad card, except whe I talk to the owners in this forum that I can poke fun at :wink: , but in this case when trying to argue against the 'future resilience' ofthe R9600P, I don't think there's much of a case. The GF4 cards (exlcuding MX) are good at what it meant for, and that's the BEST DX8 card out there for no eye candy. Use DX9 or turn on the AA/AF and it falls behind.
I don't disagree with the idea that the GF4tis are GREAT cards, but I do disagree with the idea that for some reason we should forgo recommending the R9600P for the good qualities it has.

I understand where CoolS is coming from, but really I don't think I can find a better mid-range card out there, and that's especially true in light of it's good perfomance (even vis-a-vis the R9700P). The GF4tis are not low-end card and therefore they are in a specific limbo. They are to expensive for people who don't game, and now for a small boost you can move to the R9600P. Their best target is people who really CAN'T move to the $120+ range and must stay at thay very small ~$100 mark. Are they a good card, damn straight; is it worth the extra money to move to the R9600P, IMO yes.
It's really just a judgement call in the end, but even exluding the desire to not reward nV's misdeeds (which had nothing to do with the above), it's easy to see the merits in those choices for their value in those specified areas.

eden

Champion
There are two things here in your rant that make me have trouble respecting it.

First, you are too often not serious when someone talks to you, and whenever we do try, you reply with useless remarks. You never once showed that you have a good mature internet age.
So now suddenly you get serious?
Furthermore the way you lay the rant out, compared to how people like Omid would, is laughable. You practically would use swears and screams.

Secondly, as someone else pointed, your last remark is even more sad. You contradict yourself and display once more less credibility to write a rant, with a "nVidia will kill you all if they had the powah!!!", kinda like those AMD fanboys saying "AMD would rape you all if they had MegaHoitz!".

I dunno man, your rant isn't that well structured and you're definitely not making the right effort to send a message to us with it. Fact is, I'd take my rant, Ape's or GW's over yours, as we'd have a better incentive and credibility than that.

Your message has a point, but the way you convey it, I'll take mine or other highly respected members over yours. Try to be a bit more serious than just posting with lame "LOLz" lingo and posts like "SX1 will rule you all".

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=blue><b>Are you ugly and looking into showing your mug? Then the THGC Album is the right place for you!</b></font color=blue></A>

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
It was a bit of a shock :eek: for me too. I don't think I've ever seen CoolSquirtle so upset before, not even with PNY. Maybe he's taking his anguish at PNY out on the forums :lol: .

eden

Champion
Heheh probably. Though nothing ever came as a shock as much as when Scamtron, who was and still IS the biggest humor clown on THG, revealed his serious self. That shocked the entire forum, and whenever he takes his true self out, some get upset.

Though CS has nothing on Scamtron, hehe, I don't feel threatened. :wink:

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=blue><b>Are you ugly and looking into showing your mug? Then the THGC Album is the right place for you!</b></font color=blue></A>

siranthony

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2001
Hey get a mx400 for 30 bucks off ebay. they still work for most anything out now. REALLY! But a 9600 pro would be future proof. A 9800 non pro is future proof too and overclockable. The 9800xt is really future proof and comes with a game. Oh, did I say future prrof like three times? I know someone is really pissed now LOL.

P4 2.4c @ 3.0 ASUS P4P800 dx Geil Golden Dragon PC4000 2.5,3,3,6 250FSB 1:1 Radeon 9800 non-pro 2 Maxtor 60gig 7200rpm 8mb cach in raid 0 SB Audigy 2 Antec True 480