Toshiba laptop with Trubrite monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rambostyrer

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
Hello people!

I'm in the process of buying a new Laptop, and have nailed it down to this model

Toshiba Satellite Pro 15.6

http://www.proshop.dk/Baerbar/Toshiba-Satellite-Pro-15.6-Core-i3-2350M-2325366.html

It looks like really good value for money, and I have only heard positive things about Toshibas laptops

I will be using this for general internet surfing, retro gaming(Deus ex, baldus gate, Neverwinter Nights etc).

It will primarily be used for videos streaming like Youtube Twitch.tv etc, and this will also be used for outdoor use, now that spring/summer is comming

So I would like if anyone could say something about the monitor (looks like it is the standard Toshiba monitor) and will it suit my needs???

Hello rambostyrer;

It's a glossy (glare type) screen and not well suited for anything outdoors.
Better choice would be an anti-glare matte LCD screen.
You could also get some anti-glare film to apply to the LCD screen, which would help prevent glare/reflections outdoors.

You're more likely to find anti-glare matte LCD screens on business class notebooks.

Toshiba Satellite C660 Series is Toshiba's 'budget line' and doesn't exactly merit the same reputation as Toshiba's premium line of notebooks.

Glossy screen ( like TruBrite)
93f9d4f15f.jpg

Matte screen (anti-glare)
88ffc0b009.jpg

rambostyrer

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
ok thanks.
looks like I have to find another laptop. with a laptop with a anti glare monitor, as my living room is also very bright as I have several large windows in my south wall, and get a lot of ambient light.

Any suggestions for a laptop with a anti glare monitor and specs matching the Toshiba at a reasonable price??

Status
Not open for further replies.