Opinions please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forde3654Eire

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
Found an Acer with very good specifications for the price: i5 2450m and GT630 for $640.

However, I am concerned about the reliability of the laptop... how long does an Acer last? I've heard Acers overheat pretty badly and are full of problems... what do you folks say? Is this laptop a diamond in the rough? Or should I stay the hell away from it?

http://www.extrastores.com/Site/ProductDetails.aspx?Page=OnSale&ProductID=2299975

ngrego

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
I had one a while ago, which had a problem with the display but luckily for me was in warranty. Since then it didn't have any problems at all though.
I have also heard of many cases of bad quality keyboards that break or keys fall off.
Basically Acers are lower priced thn other laptops with similar hardware and that's a good reason that people buy them. I think that if you do buy it use it as much as possible so if there are any iminant problems they will arrise before the warranty ends.

Forde3654Eire

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011

Ahaha... there is no such thing as warranty in Saudi Arabia... you buy, you're on your own... I'm interested in hearing more, I desperately need a new computer, but I don't want to end up buying the wrong one!

Forde3654Eire

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011

You kiddin' me? :kaola: There's no Best Buy or Walmart here. The only equivalent is Extra. They do state a "1 year warrantee", but it only means they'll help you out if the laptop blows up or so, and they blame any defects on you, therefore refusing to carry out the warrantee.

Status
Not open for further replies.