spinner games?

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

I have read something about using an atari driving paddle to play some
spinner games. Also I saw there is a tempest type game "tsunami" I
think that will work with that controller. How do I use one of the
atari paddles on the vec? Where can I get tsunami? I think there is
a trackball hack and some trackball games too, how can you hook these
controllers up?

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

>>I have read something about using an atari driving paddle to play some spinner games. Also I saw there is a tempest type game "tsunami" I think that will work with that controller.<<

Chris Tumber programmed Tsunami to use the Atari Driving Controller as a
spinner! Works great! You plug it into the 2nd controller port and use
the buttons on the first controller.

>>I think there is a trackball hack and some trackball games too, how can you hook these controllers up?<<

The trakball project ended years ago. Trakballs were modified to work
with the Vectrex .. in joystick mode only. No game has been programmed
to use a trakball to its fullest.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Spinner-enabled StarCastle is awesome ! - it play's 100% better than the
original version

Richard H.

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

What do I need to do to use one of these controllers with the vec?
Also, where can tsunami be found?
"Richard Hutchinson" <richard.hutchinson@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message news:<cbidnUR7z5HUCsDcRVnyhg@pipex.net>...
> Spinner-enabled StarCastle is awesome ! - it play's 100% better than the
> original version
>

> Richard H.

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

>>What do I need to do to use one of these controllers with the vec? Also, where can tsunami be found?<<

Nothing .. All you do is make a slight trim to the
Atari driving controller cable to resemble the Vectrex controller cable
and plug it in port 2. Keep the Vectrex controller plugged in port 1.
Spin and fire with the Vectrex controller. If you don't want to mod
your Atari driving controller then you can trim a controller extension
cable instead.

Chris Tumber's site is down right now ..

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

>All you do is make a slight trim to the Atari driving controller cable to
>resemble the Vectrex controller cable and plug it in port 2

Talking from experience (ouch !), wear thick leather gloves when you do this

Richard H.

> >All you do is make a slight trim to the Atari driving controller cable to
>>resemble the Vectrex controller cable and plug it in port 2
>
> Talking from experience (ouch !), wear thick leather gloves when you do
> this

Damn this group. That is another eBay purchase! My Vectrex seems to have
more addons than any newer machine I have.

There is one more on eBay right now (in the UK), search for 'Atari driving
controller'. £8 delivered....

Cheers
Marc