Flashing during XP loading

Just did a fresh copy of XP (yes, I formatted the disk) and have noticed when
the Windows banner (indicating XP is loading) is finished there is a pause of
several seconds prior to the Welcome screen coming up. During this pause
there are several flashes like something is about to come up on the screen.
After the flashes the screen goes black, then the Welcome screen comes up.
Is this something that is the forerunner of a problem down the road or is
this something I shouldn't be concerened about ? I've not seen this problem
on any other XP install that I have done...so, makes me think something is
not well and needs to be fixed.

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

It could just be the video drivers loading, I have seen this on PC's at work
and they carried on working no problems.

Neil