1000 - 1500$ Desktop Replacement

Hey guys

I'm planning a vacation trip to the USA by end of may this year, and one of the first things I want to do is get a great gaming laptop, so i can get rid of my old desktop :)

Anyway, I'm looking at a 1000 - 1500$ price range (the closer to 1000 the better :kaola: ). The catch is, I need to be able to get it in store in Miami FL, I can't buy it online.

I had 3 laptops in mind:

1. Asus G74sx
2. MSI GT780DXR
3. Toshiba Qosmio X775

I've seen a lot of variations for these 3 models, but there are a few out there that match my price range.

Are there any other models I should look at? Remember I need to be able to buy it in-store.

Thanks!
3 answers Last reply
More about 1000 1500 desktop replacement
  1. Ugh.. I'd like to avoid BB, the G74 being sold there have the lesser version of the GTX 560m. You see, the Best Buy model (2GB vram) has a 128 bit memory bandwith , and the best 560m version (1.5 and 3GB vram) has a 192 bit memory bandwidth... Besides, there is no way in hell these cards have enough power to actually use that many vram, so I guess the only important factor here would be the memory bandwidth.

I've found around the web that there are new asus and toshiba models coming out, the Asus G55/G75 and the Toshiba Qosmio X870 with better specs than current models.. I guess I'll just have to wait and see for prices and retail avaliability
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Desktops Product