Does Chris Tumber have a website?

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Can you use your driving controller or paddle to play his Tempest
clone? If so, does the controller used need to be modded?

"orion105" <orion105@webtv.net> wrote in message
> Can you use your driving controller or paddle to play his Tempest
> clone? If so, does the controller used need to be modded?

I believe it's the games on the cart of conversions plus Tsunami (the
Tempest clone) that support the driving controller... I have both plus the
controller so can check.

The controller needs no modding although it has to be the Driving controller
not a regular paddle controller.

The driving controller is essentially a paddle that turns forever (rather
than to a finite point each direction) and has a small picture of a car on
it rather than 2 bats/raquets.

cNp

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Do note that the Vectrex does not recognize the red button on the
driving controller.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 11:33:22 +0100, "cNp" <cparsonsukspam@aol.com>
wrote:

>"orion105" <orion105@webtv.net> wrote in message
>> Can you use your driving controller or paddle to play his Tempest
>> clone? If so, does the controller used need to be modded?
>
>I believe it's the games on the cart of conversions plus Tsunami (the
>Tempest clone) that support the driving controller... I have both plus the
>controller so can check.
>
>The controller needs no modding although it has to be the Driving controller
>not a regular paddle controller.
>
>The driving controller is essentially a paddle that turns forever (rather
>than to a finite point each direction) and has a small picture of a car on
>it rather than 2 bats/raquets.
>
>cNp

It is not a paddle controller in the analog pot sense. It is actually
a binary grey code controller. Something more in kin to your mouse or
trackball than a Atari paddle (analog) controller.
-Cecil

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

> It is not a paddle controller in the analog pot sense. It is actually
> a binary grey code controller. Something more in kin to your mouse or
> trackball than a Atari paddle (analog) controller.
> -Cecil

Aye, but to the person just on the look out for one it does look essentially
like a paddle, albeit with different workings.

cNp