GP-32?

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

I have heard from Manu Parssinen that the GP-32 can emulate all kinds
of consoles, including the Vectrex.

SO WHERE DO I GET ONE???

Brandon Taylor

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

How good is the Vectrex emulation on the GP-32?

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004, Rob Mitchell wrote:

> How good is the Vectrex emulation on the GP-32?

Randy Abel, president of TOGA, says that the Vectrex emulation is
not very good on his GamePark 32.

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug
The Other Group of Amigoids
http://www.calweb.com/~rabel1/

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

This is a quote from Manu (last year) talking about his GP32 -

'MSX, NES, GBC, Atari 8 bit, PC-Engine, SMS, C64 run really well.
Most with sound, some without. Sometimes it makes a difference on which
game you choose. I've been mostly playing MSX and NES and some of the
homebrew games so far. SNES and Vectrex are a bit slow.'

But since then, a faster version of the GP32 has become available running
up to 180MHz

Here's a direct link to the emulator -

http://www.lysator.liu.se/~sdw/gp32.shtml

Richard H.

Rob Mitchell wrote:
> How good is the Vectrex emulation on the GP-32?

It's not really playable, and unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any
further work being done on it...

I'm sure it could be improved though, we've now got playable SNES,
Genesis (megadrive), Atari ST, etc. emulation on the GP32, so you
wouldn't expect the vectrex to be too much bother.

Gamebody Advance emulation is also progressing - although it only runs
demos and homebrews properly at the moment, although it might manage
some commercial games too.

I would recommend getting one if you're into emulation, or you just love
playing games that had gameplay rather than 64bit rendered graphics. And
I'm sure you guys on here are the former... :cool:

Nige