best Hard Disk CLoning software???

Hi,

I need help in finding the best disk cloning software. I have a SATA hard
drive (80Gig) in an abit AN7 board and an icybox external hd enclosure with
a WD 120Gig drive inside (USB2 connection)

What I want to do is make an exact copy of the main windows drive (which is
divided into 2 partitions, system + saved data on the other) so that when I
mess around with setting etc I can just restore the system as it was from
the USB2 drive

Is this possible? What is the best software for this? Don't really want to
spend a fortune but need the right tool for the job.

David

Dave E wrote:
> I need help in finding the best disk cloning software. I have a SATA
> hard drive (80Gig) in an abit AN7 board and an icybox external hd
> enclosure with a WD 120Gig drive inside (USB2 connection)
>
> What I want to do is make an exact copy of the main windows drive
> (which is divided into 2 partitions, system + saved data on the
> other) so that when I mess around with setting etc I can just restore
> the system as it was from the USB2 drive
>
> Is this possible? What is the best software for this? Don't really
> want to spend a fortune but need the right tool for the job.

An opinion question.
Symantec Ghost works great, but so do the other products that do the same
thing.

--
<- Shenan ->

Cloning a harddrive doesnt create partitions,youre cloning all the data and
settings "as it is"...You dont need any 3rd party software to do it either,xp
already has that feature.Simply format the new drive with a primary
partition,
then go to run,type:XCOPY C:\*.* D:\ /c/h/e/k/r In the DOS window,agree
to all,D: being the new drive,although if given diffrent
letter,substitute,when the
DOS window ends youre thru.Also,SATA drives dont copy to as well as IDE
drives will,after the clone,if it fails to start up,boot to xp cd,install
xp,repair
this copy.

"Dave E" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need help in finding the best disk cloning software. I have a SATA hard
> drive (80Gig) in an abit AN7 board and an icybox external hd enclosure with
> a WD 120Gig drive inside (USB2 connection)
>
> What I want to do is make an exact copy of the main windows drive (which is
> divided into 2 partitions, system + saved data on the other) so that when I
> mess around with setting etc I can just restore the system as it was from
> the USB2 drive
>
> Is this possible? What is the best software for this? Don't really want to
> spend a fortune but need the right tool for the job.
>
> David

claire

Good luck,
Ive an icybox external hd enclosure with a 200Gb Western Digital hdd.
Whenever I try to store large amounts of data in a single run on it, using
firewire or USB, Windows XP loses the drive completely. Sometimes the Icybox
turns itself off too, so I assume it's overheating problems.
I tried to back up C drive onto it, a couple of times, this morning and
failed miserably.
(A quick google reveals many others suffer same problem with different hds
too)