Taskbar resized itself to double height

Suddenly, without any action on my part, (as far as I know), the taskbar in
my XP-pro (SP2) grew to the double of its previous height, and even though
the "Lock taskbar" option is off it refuses to be manually resized back to
its previous height. In fact it refuses all attempts at being rezised in any
direction up or down. I assume I must unwittingly have set some option
somewhere that has caused this behaviour, but am unable to find any hints
about any such setting XP Help and Support.
I have the Matrox G400 Quick desk installed and my desktop theme is the
"Windows classic" theme (but changing to the XP theme has no effect on the
oversized taskbar problem)
Any hints or tips, here?

Trond Ruud,
Norway