Disable CHKDSK?

My computer tend to crash alot(that's not the problem here), and while I
reboot I don't often feel like sitting by the monitor and wait so I go
and do something else, but when I come back chkdsk is running through
my harddrives (5 of them) and it takes forever, is there a way to
disable chkdsk, or "reversing" it, so that instead of "Press any key to
abort" it would work as "Press a key to start scanning"? :)

--
Hw2k

chkdsk can be run manually from a script, and it can be suppressed on startup.
Open regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager
On the right side look for (or create the dword value): AutoChkTimeOut
Double Click and set to 0 (zero) to disable.

--check.vbs-
set shell=createobject("wscript.shell") ' show a Yes No dialog
go=shell.popup "Run chkdsk on C: ?", 10, "chkdsk", 4
if go < 7 then ' if not "no", run it
shell.run "chkdsk C: /f ", true
end if
go=shell.popup "Run chkdsk on D: ?", 10, "chkdsk", 4
if go < 7 then
shell.run "chkdsk D: /f ", true
end if
--cut--